Poison Gully Railroad

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Ran some trains at the Poison Gully railroad here in Lesmurdie Western Australia.Thought i post a couple of pics , i have added some smoke and headlights to them .Not sure if you guys prefer to see them as is or edited .:D

Here they are....

Cheers

Ian

an IHC old timer rumbles through Wistle Pipe junction.....

Attachments

• old_time.jpg
    old_time.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 521

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey Ian, very nice indeed, I also like to play around using the computer to add smoke now and again, looks like you did an excellent job on both photo's. As for the shay, well its welcome anytime on my Red Fox Lumber Co. :D

Shamus

Great photo. I realy like those early American 4-4-0's. I have several on my layout, but I always have problems with them keeping good contact with the rails over the turnouts. Was wondering if you had the same problem.......The best I can figure is that the frog in the turnout is higher than the other rails, so when the tender's truck cross the turnout, the rear wheel on the forward truck and the forward wheel of the rear truck are on the insulated plastic frog it lifts the other wheels off the rails, on that side, and there is no pick up and the engine stalls. It seams to have something to do with the short length of the tender and its lightness.....I am still tinkering with it to see what adjustments I can make......If anyone had this same problem I would sure like to know of any soloutions.....

Best
Nick Weber
Bywater Railroad, New Orleans

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
I had all sorts of problems with the Bachman Jupiter /old time american , but the IHC one is far superior in running , all the wheels are pickup .One thing i did as soon as i got it was put as much weight in the tender as i could , that improved the running.Having said that it sometimes stalls on points as well , i usually pick up speed a little to get it through them.

I also filed down the grooves in the frog to help alleviate another problem , but that might help ;-)

Hope this helps

Ian

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Great pics there Camelot, where do you get the courage to weather the Shay???? :eek:
I just luuuuuvs them old American 4-4-0's !! and a touch of smoke and steam is ok too .. you haven't overdone it.

Errol

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Peter Scarfe returned from the NMRA covention with the Canadian Railroad Proto 0-8-0 and some overton carriages to run behind it.

He ran it consistantly on the Poison Gully RR even though it only usually runs Union Pacific.

Nice looking loco Peter

Cheers

Ian:D

Attachments

• 000_1674.jpg
    000_1674.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 000_1674.jpg
    000_1674.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35