Photo op for ISS

joeblow321

Mar 16, 2008
South Dakota
Saw this on the story about the launch of Discovery on CNET:

But U.S. and Russian space managers are considering a one-day mission extension for an out-of-this-world photo opportunity.
The idea is to insert a new flight day 10 in the crew's timeline--March 5--so Kelly, Kaleri, and Skripochka can undock in the Soyuz TMA-01M spacecraft and photograph the space station with the shuttle and a full complement of European, Japanese, and Russian cargo ships and crew capsules attached.

Read more: With seconds to spare, Discovery rockets into space | The Space Shot - CNET News

I think it would be a very cool picture. With the Shuttle, Soyuz, Progress, ATV and HTV all docked to the station at the same time.

I hope they do it.

ovation

Jun 27, 2009
They've always been woke by music,no secret :mrgreen:

They may have another go at the Fly Around photo,but I don't think it'l be the same,as the HTV may not be there,

JJ-UK :)

joeblow321

Mar 16, 2008
South Dakota
They are going to have the next Soyuz undocking when the Shuttle is docked so they will be doing the photo op at that time. For more info go to NASA web site.

underwoodl06

Apr 6, 2007
I am glad they got a photo of the whole orbiting complex together and I am awaiting anxiously for the photos to be presented! Thank you for the information. I was unaware this was going to happen.