paper on layouts!!

Union Pacific

Oct 8, 2005
Virginia
I was starting this thread out of curiosity of what paper and cardboard items exist on people's layouts ie.buildings, rolling stock....

thanx , Ben

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
For me:
Almost all the buildings (can list the ones that aren't cardboard).
All the backdrops.
The stone and brick retaining walls in the stations and the decorative stone.
I have some spare station platforms and platform kits if anyone wants them.
I have a small number of Peco Wonderful Wagons which are printed & embossed card sides on metal body.

Attachments

• IMGP0656_16pc.jpg
    IMGP0656_16pc.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 85
When I get done rebuilding my layout (mostly vintage Lionel and Marx O27), the buildings will be almost entirely paper. They won't be scale models though; I'm going for a vintage toy look. I've also been known to put the occasional paper automobile on the layout too, and I have two boxcars that I made out of paper.

I'm going to use papier mache for my hill. I guess I really ought to be working on that instead of yakking on forums. :)

I've toyed with the idea of using two-dimensional paper cutouts for the figures but I probably won't do that. I have heard that some German collectors have done stunning layouts with them though.

N

nachoman

one structure made of cardboard and sandpaper (stucco), a steel water tower and a wooden water tower both made from toilet paper tubes, one caredboard building under construction, and 4 cardboard ore cars under construction.

it really is an excellent (and cheap) building material.

kevin

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
All my retaining walls, bridge abutments are cardboard.
I used cardboard for parts of my turntable pit, sand house, ash pit and coaling tower.
There is a cardboard gondola I built sitting in the yard also.
I am considering using cardboard for fascia.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site