Overhead WIres

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hi guys,

Do you know where to find instructions manual for installing overhead wires, or a How-to Site, or anything? I have some doubts about installing overhead wires. I'll explain later. Time for lunch now.

Thanks for your time.

Luis

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi Xaniel,

I was wondering the same thing recently so I could string mock up overhead for a scene with an electric locomotive. There was a nice link to commercially made products (North American) in the thread. Check "The GG-1 rumbles overhead" in the Photography section. I'm sure you'll hear from people like Chris (aka Interurben) who make their own overhead. Wow!

Best wishes!
Ralph

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Overhead????????

Luis,

It all depends on what you intend to run .
The type of overhead and poles we make were used by many Interurben and electric freight lines.
Pensy stuff and a few more had catenary, which one can also make.
PM Val aka spitfire and she will give you the link to the write up I did re pole making.
Here are a few pics of what you can make at a low cost.

Attachments

• big yard.jpg
    big yard.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 169

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
nope, interurben. You didn't frigthen me. I had been searching for a job, and it makes me low on time to be here. LOLOLOL :D

60103, lunch was great. some fish and some potatoes, with peper, olive oil and vinagre. Delicious!!! With a bottle of fresh water. feels good to drink iced water in this rough summer.
as disert: vallina ice cream, and to finish some water mellon.

Anyway, I'm thinking about high speed european trains, and also electric frieght trains. I had to get back to european models. :)

Anyway, I wondering this because I need to know how to begin, where to begin. I'm thinking about using Sommerfeldt, Viessman or Vollmer overhead lines. But don't know when should they be installed.

By the way, I wont be able to build a new layout, so I'm remodelling mine (a lot changes must be made). I'll try to get some pics here as soon as I can.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Ha ha glad to here lunch was good.
Looks like you will be putting in a lot of Catenary, hope you can have LIVE wire.
Make sure you have looked at every angle of operation if it`s going into an already built layout.
Look forward to your progress report:D :D :D
I do hope the Job comes your way soon:)

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
So here what I've been up to:

here's a pic how my layout was.

I have removed everything I had on my layout, modified track plan at the intermodal. here It will become a passenger terminal. The fright station will become a small industri or something. I will add some country house, perhaps even a little caste or church. Swiss or german style.

Attachments

• 0195.jpg
    0195.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 113