Other hobby's?

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
I have waay too many. I build computers, hot rods, ride my harley, shoot pool, play video games, and build railroads now. I really don't know how I manage all of them. But it manages to keep the family amused and myself.

Dan Vincent

Aug 14, 2003
Sanford, FL
Visit site
I have several hobbies in additon to N, HO and On30 trains.

Back in 1951 I discovered they had model airplane engines that actually ran and I said goodby to gliders and rubber power from then on. Guess I'm up to around 500 model airplane engines.

Also wrote quite a few magazine articles on RC Jets and Giant-Scale models at various events held here in central Florida. Coined the word "Jet-Together" to describe jet events.

One of my main passions at the moment is collecting 1/24th and 1/18th diecast model cars.

Also like pan-fishing and .22 Winchester rifles.

Attachments

• my minis.jpg
    my minis.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Buick-Packard, pickups.jpg
    Buick-Packard, pickups.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 21

dmb3006

May 22, 2002
central new york
Visit site
I reload rifle ammunition.Try to keep my 1979 Corvette in good working order.Rail fan the old New York Central locations in central N.Y. state.DL&W also.I'm active in my church The Knights of Columbus;and I'm active in AA. Train shows & Gun shows

Model RRing is my secondary hobby. I got back into it for something to do over the dismal winter months, since I'm not the outdoorsy type.
I'm a complete car geek and always have been. I've currently got 3 hobby cars: 65 Ford pickup, 79 Austin Mini and 86 Audi GT (the latter I actually sort-of race on the track and at hillclimbs). 1/1 vehicles are expensive, however, and create a storage problem so I'm limited to 3 at any given time. I also enjoy my 2 dogs, maintaining the web site linked above, participating on numerous car message boards and hanging out with my N trak club. I like to tinker with anything that has an engine, and someday would like an old hit-n-miss engine to amuse me. I'm also partial to US history and enjoy checking out abandoned RR sites in the area and on the web.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
hobby

A few years ago I used to do a lot of woodworking. The church I went to needed a childrens church. I built pulpit table, pews, choir pews w/rails, cross, windows, everything.
Now I play golf military style, left-right-left-right.

Lynn

Attachments

• File0004.jpg
    File0004.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 19

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Some people say what I do for work is a hobby, and I guess it is for some. I'm a puppet builder, and I build all sorts of puppets for TV, movie and live shows. There is a lot involved with some of the puppet constructions I have done and over the years I have developed quite an arsenal of skills, all of which come in handy to do hobby stuff. :thumb:
So when I'm not engrossed in some puppet construction:
I do mechanic work, love it, and keep my vehicles running.:rolleyes:
I make strange paper mache' sculptures.:eek:
I paint portraits, still life and landscapes.
Paint white-wear plaster figurines. (love those carousel figures)
I draw. From real life and cartoon.
I had some strange ideas, I told my wife, she told me to wright them down and now I have 5 storys/books in various stages of compleation. As a wrighter, I'm a good carpenter.:confused:
I'm getting into photography now, since I bought a decent digital camera, and take pix of everything.;)
I have fish, cichalids are my faves. I had fiddler crabs for a few years and I really like crustaceans.
I use to have pet mice and a hamster, until the cats figured out how to open the cages. Those cats! I tell ya!:curse:
I sew. Mostly in the building of a puppet, but once in a while I make something useful for my wife or myself. I started a quilt a few years ago. It's someplace waiting for the mood to strike me. Just made me a work apron with lots of pockets for nails and tools. It's swell!:thumb:
I noodle on the computer and swap parts.:rolleyes:
I build 1/32 plastic hot rod models. Just got into 1/82 military tanks. Love them WW1 machines.:cool:
Build stuff out of wood for the house and yard (just finished the kitchen counters):thumb:
Just got into gardening and growing flowers from seed. (the seedlings are taking over the new kitchen counters!):D
I collect old and odd records (you know, the round vinyl type)
I collect collections, now that I think about it, from tools to tea pots.:)
And I model trains. :thumb: Right now I'm hand laying track in a switching yard just to see how I like it. Making my own ties and spikes and using old brass sectional track for the rails.
I got scads of projects in the works. But I find that if I keep picking up this one or that one as the mood takes me, then sooner or later they all get done.

TrainClown ;) :wave: