Online train stores

SR39

Jan 14, 2007
Upstate, SC
Hi all,
How about some suggestions for online shopping. (Trains that is, nothing else). I have been shafted by one supplier and don't want that experience again. Any help would be appreciated. I patronize my LHS but sometimes I need things they don't carry or have in stock.
Thanks,
Jim

w8jy

Mar 21, 2007
Au Gres, Michigan
I am forced to do all my ordering on line - I live many miles from any hobby store. I have used several sources. M. B Klein does the fastest job of shipping. Not the cheapest, but they ship within a couple of days - some of the others take a week to 10 days to package the shipments.
I have been to the Klein store in Baltimore (my son lives in that area). That is what got me hooked on model railroading. One of these days I want to go to Milwaukee to check out their BIG store!
Klein has a good selection, but all of the items in their catalog don't appear on line. Great people to deal with.

Jess

tommann

Jul 27, 2005
Littlerock, Southern CA.
I've been using First Hobby with great success. Fifer Hobby is also great.:thumb: Both have great customer service and communications. Do NOT use Internet Hobbies, they used to be good but have had a change in staff and presently have terrible customer service.:curse:

Tom Mann.

SR39

Jan 14, 2007
Upstate, SC
Tommann,
Thanks for the info. I learned about Internet Hobbies the hard way. Never again. I waited for about a month for the first part of my order and the last part came about six weeks.