Online train stores

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SR39, Mar 23, 2007.

1. SR39

SR39 Member

Hi all,
    How about some suggestions for online shopping. (Trains that is, nothing else). I have been shafted by one supplier and don't want that experience again. Any help would be appreciated. I patronize my LHS but sometimes I need things they don't carry or have in stock.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  2. trainman4

trainman4 Member

3. trainman4

trainman4 Member

model trains

You could also try 4nscale or blw.those three are my main source for train stuff.:wave: :wave:
  4. nolatron

nolatron Member

5. Meiriongwril

Meiriongwril Member

6. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

I've ordered from M.B. Klein too and have always had good service so far.
  7. w8jy

w8jy Member

I am forced to do all my ordering on line - I live many miles from any hobby store. I have used several sources. M. B Klein does the fastest job of shipping. Not the cheapest, but they ship within a couple of days - some of the others take a week to 10 days to package the shipments.
    I have been to the Klein store in Baltimore (my son lives in that area). That is what got me hooked on model railroading. One of these days I want to go to Milwaukee to check out their BIG store!
    Klein has a good selection, but all of the items in their catalog don't appear on line. Great people to deal with.

Jess
  8. Hoghead

Hoghead Member

www.4nscale.com

I have dealt with this online shop for about 4 years now and they are excellent to do business with and from what I have seen, the lowest prices on the web.
  9. tommann

tommann New Member

I've been using First Hobby with great success. Fifer Hobby is also great.:thumb: Both have great customer service and communications. Do NOT use Internet Hobbies, they used to be good but have had a change in staff and presently have terrible customer service.:curse:

Tom Mann.
  10. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

11. SR39

SR39 Member

Tommann,
    Thanks for the info. I learned about Internet Hobbies the hard way. Never again. I waited for about a month for the first part of my order and the last part came about six weeks.