Ongoing investigation

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
I've just discovered that, while I was away, my new Arizona had her small Pearl Harbor. The destruction is not extensive, but I hate it when the model, not even finished, is already damaged. Quite frankly I'm furious :evil: .
The primary suspect is my cat Kajtek, since he has a record of past attacks on sharp wire fittings on my other models. But there are no witnesses so far. Anybody who has some information about this crime is asked to contact this forum - you don't need to reveal your identity.
All registered users of the forum are therefore summoned to report for jury duty - we are skipping guilty phase of the trial and go directly to the sentencing phase - the question is what to do with Kajtek.

silverw

Mar 15, 2004
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
members.shaw.ca
SSSssshhhuutttTTTTT!!!!! :eek:ops:

OK........just tell Kajtek to turn himself in.......he'll get a fair trial.... :twisted:

bulldog.gif

he he he ... :roll:

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Sorry Roman but you left it out and there it was, nobody else around and the cat with nothing to do and bored out of his gord decided it was time to play....,

Cats are always guilty of model wacking. Hate to admit how many models went down to scatch, gnaw and general wacking around..., guess this means an interlude has just been inserted in Arizona II's design and we'll all just have to wait.

Best regards, Gil

silverw

Mar 15, 2004
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
members.shaw.ca
Roman....
I really do like cats and dogs, but due to allergies, we don't have any of them!

HOWever... I can just see, Kajtek, spralled on top of your monitor, basking in a ray of sunshine, with the fresh smell of anchor chain on his breath and a gun barrel dangling from the left, unretracted third claw; and a look in his droopy eyes that says, "So,... my human hath returned."

....A non e-mouse.

Square

Apr 20, 2004
Nevada
Wife wouldn't scatter Catnip across model before the 2 of left would she?

A suprise witness? Hmmm next door dog, according to him " Woof woof wof WOOF WOOF bow wow BOW wow WOW WOW BOW woof woof "

Hmmmmm seems Kind of suspicious to me :shock:

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Crime scene:

crime1.jpg

The only known surveillance photo of the suspect:

suspect.jpg

It turned out that he has a very cunning defense team here. They are pulling one arcane law after another on me. :roll:

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
Roman,

My sympathies, I have 3 kids (5,4, and 3) who love to touch grab and carry away my models, not to mention having my own time to sit down to actually work on anything. Its been awhile since I've even managed to finish even a simple model.

Thus, after downloading your Dreadnought, I decided to build it at work on spare time. The thing wouldn't last 10 minutes if brought into my house. I enlarged it 400% so its around 28 inches long and looking fairly decent.

But cats? Is there a door you can keep closed? I would suggest a high place, which works for human children but Ive seen cats relaxing in some outrageously high places. The curtain rod was one, after clawing her way up there. She didnt have claws long after that.

How about cannibalizing/combining some cardboard boxes to create a makeshift cover for the ship when your not around?

Some thoughts.

Cheers,
Brad

Ron

Jan 12, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Hmmmm....

furry speedbumps?
chum?
the infamous cat-bomb?

Of course I'm kidding as I have 2 of the monsters myself :) Ever since
I left a plastic lid with dried pva glue and toothpicks sitting on the table, they leave my other stuff alone. For some reason they go straight to the toothpicks and try to pull them off the lid.

Glad your Arizona never ended up totally destroyed!

Ron

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
Me? I love the image of you having an easel, with a lovely painting in progress, in front of a window with a - seemingly - not-too-perfect view, and a lovely black cat enjoying it. Life will overcome our best attempt to conquer it's apparent shortcomings. I cherish the privilege to have been introduced to your own place.

For what it's worth, Leif

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
It turned out that he has a very cunning defense team here. They are pulling one arcane law after another on me.
All is explained. I had my suspicions - she's fond of him.

Hi Julia.
:lol:

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
Hi guys
I appreciate what you are doing here with your card models.
Of course I don't condone destroying your models by any means.
But you need to give Kajtek some slack- it's just grass to him - the sharp wire parts on your models. It's easy to confuse the two. :wink:

Julia

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Julia

As counsel for the defence I take it you wouldn't settle for enough slack to permit a two foot drop before the noose tightens.
:lol:

Roman

Better give up you haven't a hope of obtaining a conviction.

Cheers both
Maurice