Off to the slammer again

Harpo

Jan 21, 2005
Raleigh NC
OK, folks, here we go again....
The last tests show the leukemia coming back so it's back in the slammer for another round of chemo starting Wednesday. (But it's been great being home for the last 6 months!) Hopefully this will be the last round before the transplant process...the search for a donor match is going on now. Happy to say that UNC hospital is one of the best in the country for this sort of thing, so thats a real positive...and they're threatening to cut me loose after only about a week or so...even better, although I'll have to stay pretty isolated for awhile. (I'll believe the quick release when I see it...it's usually been 7 weeks (!)) The other good news is that I believe that the rooms have internet access, so I'll be able to stay in touch with the Gauge; surf to my hearts content, and maybe even learn how to use 3d Planit. Y'all may get really tired of my postings in the next few weeks. But....prayers and good wishes gladly accepted.

Harpo

NCMRailroad

Jul 29, 2006
Best to you...

Hope your fight with such a terrible battle is successful.. My hat's off to you all the way. Good luck and best wishes from North Coast Model Railroader (founder):thumb: :wave: :)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Harpo said:
Y'all may get really tired of my postings in the next few weeks.

Harpo

I don't think so Harpo! Glad you can stay connected while getting treatment. God be with you as you face another round and best wishes for a donor match!
Ralph

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
My best wishes for you, too, Harpo. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so that you'll find a matching donor.

Get better real soon - and stay connected to the Gauge, whenever you can.

Ron

ratjag

Jan 13, 2006
uk
You keep fighting and win mister! we want to see those posts keep coming. best wishes from the UK for a speedy return home:thumb: