Oct 1931

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
A freight train makes its way along the slopes of Goad Mtn. on the Poor Fork Mining RR...

I originaly took this as a color photo, but it came out too dark...I was going to delete it, but started playing around with it on the computer...I removed the color, brightened it up, & washed out some of the contrast...I thought it came out kinda neat looking...kind of an old, faded look to it.

Attachments

• pfb&w2.jpg
    pfb&w2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 197

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks everyone! :)
Gary,
Yeah I agree about the weathering...I just haven't gotten around to it yet... I will though...just give me some time...I'm not Shamus ya know!:D :rolleyes: :eek:
Jimmy,
I just kinda settled on that year as a good era, 'cause my dad was born that year too...about a month before you!:cool:

N. Carolina...? That's just right over the hill from here, aint it?:D :p :D

P

philip

cool

Hey Charlie! I really like your photos & ballast work...looks very real. Where in the heck is Goad Ky:confused:

philip:D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Couple of really nice photo's Charlie, interesting how some photos look better in B/W.

Shamus

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Love it!

Nice idea Charlie. Reminds me of some of the prototype photos I've been turning up lately, looking for CN steam. Of course anything pre 1950s will be in black and white. Although this can be frustrating when looking for modelling info (!) it looks great when done to a model. Excellent!

cheers
:D Val