NS Lima District Photos

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by railohio, Feb 1, 2003.

1. railohio

railohio Active Member

On January 17th I chased Norfolk Southern's Lima District local from Fostoria, Ohio to Lima, Ohio. This train operates daily to serve the remaining industries online; it is the only train operated on the branch.

Here's the train branching off the Fostoria District main in Arcadia. (Nikon N80, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Sensia 100.)

[​IMG]

Here's the train crossing the CSX diamond in Findlay. This is the ex-New York Central, formerly Toledo & Ohio Central, which ran from West Virginia to Columbus and Toledo. (Nikon N80, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Sensia 100.)

[​IMG]

Here's the train passing the town of Mt. Cory. Note the distance between the elevator at the track; a longer passing siding was once located here. (Nikon N80, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Sensia 100.)

[​IMG]

Here's the train passing the town of Bluffton. Although the siding is still in place, this elevator does not ship by rail anymore. (Nikon N80, 24mm f/2.8 AF-D Nikkor, Fuji Sensia 100.)

[​IMG]

Here's the train approaching the Morris interlocking in Lima. This is where the Indiana & Ohio's ex-DT&I main crosses the Lima District. (Nikon N80, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Sensia 100.)

[​IMG]
  2. railohio

railohio Active Member

Seven views and still no replies? Guess I'll have to try harder here, too... :rolleyes:
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

OK Brian, once again you've out done yourself. I do enjoy your pictures, nice perspective. Keep up the good work.

Greg Elems
  4. Rusted

Rusted Member

Great shots - My favorite is the third one.
  5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Film

Brian:
    Is that print film or slide film you're using? I'm not up to date on 35mm technology.
    I need to check the schedules for the next time we head down I-75.