NGSL Gazette

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
NG&SL Gazette (a great magazine for any serious modeler) only comes out 6 times a year, while RMC (another great publication) is a monthly.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
I've subscribed to NG&SLG for almost 20 years and its been worth every nickle. Its a very high quality mag and prides itself on providing accurate modeling and prototype information...but don't expect to find in it a whole lot of basic "how to" articles. Of course there are some but many of the authors assume that the reader has somewhat advanced modeling skills. Most every thing in the mag is reader contributed rather than written by staff members. The photography is above excellent and all plans and drawing are extremly accurate. I consider it a must for anyone who models narrow gauge or shortlines.

PS: It ain't cheap:eek: but it does come in a heavy duty plastic bag so the mailman can't read it first and tear it up!!:D :D :D This is not the kind of mag that you read and throw away...its that high in quality....put it in a binder for future refference:) :)

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Of course it's a matter of personal taste.....

If I could only subscribe to one model rail magazine, it would be Railroad Model Craftsman.

If two, it would be RMC and NG&SLG. If I were into narrow gauge, the NG&SLG would be first.

But I subscribe to three: RMC, NG&SLG, and MRR.

It seems like a lot of money (and it is) but I think I get my moneys worth, as I do read them cover-to-cover (except for the diesel stuff) and save them all for future reference. I do save a little money on magazines: Although I'm a member of NMRA, I get the cheap membership --- without their magazine --- which saves me a little each year.

Bill S.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Jon,
I subscribe to RMC, and MR, but I keep an eye on NG&SLG, Rail Model Journal, Prototype modeler, and Finescale Railroader. In these cases, if there's an article I'm interested in , I buy the copy.
Pete

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Jack says also check out:

Magazine Index

and

another index

2ft quarterly and Light Iron looks interesting!

and

yet another

(Click the magazine's icon on the left to go to the magazine's site, if available, or the dates to the right take you to the indexes.

Remember: Your older than you've ever been, and now you're even older, now you're even older, now you're even older. Your older than you've ever been, and now you're even older, now you're even older still. - TMBG

Something to think about.