New U.S.S. Xerxes 1:1700

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Apr 30, 2009
Florida, USA
Well this all started when I was building Diego Cortes' model of this ship yesterday. I just wasn't happy with the shape of the saucer and a few other things so I decided to make a new version using Cmags mod of Shunichi Makino's Enterprise-A as a basis (Shunichi's basic components seem to be the standard for ships of the TMP era in card modeling anyway, and I like the extra level of detail on Cmags nacelles). Anyway here it is, Im just waiting for Shunichi's permission to distribute it.

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

I believe I will also go ahead and make the refit version of the Ptolemy Class Transport/Tug

ptolemyrefit-001.jpg

And maybe even the refit Federation Class Dreadnought!

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
cool i can't wait for these. diego's xerxes was not that great. i made my own it was a 24th century version called uss enterprise ncc-1701- a 2.0 .

Falwin

Jun 24, 2007
USS Xerxes Download Problems

Hi sidewinder81777, Thanks for that really nice piece of work!

Sadly, right up to this moment, MediaFire keeps telling me repeatedly

The page cannot be found

Is this a mistake in the provided link, or a MediaFire hicup?

Greetings from Vienna,
Robert

Falwin

Jun 24, 2007
Now You see it....

Right now MediaFire is up and running again, but watch your step just in case...

Just one simple question, sidewinder81777: is your Xerxes in scale with Shunichi Makino's Enterprise (because i don´t know that model´s scale),
and if it isn´t, could you provide those of use mad modelers who like it BIG with a version in the appropriate scale?
(Hint: i´ve got an A3-printer, and i´m not afraid to use it!)

Aaaaand, most important of all, i am already really grateful for the model you have presented us with!

(As in "We are unworthy! We are unworthy!" :inw: :inw:)

Greetings from Vienna,
Robert

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
This model is 1:1700 scale, while Sunichi's model is 1:1000 scale.

I like it, Sidewinder! It's a perfect addition to my fleet. Would you consider making an assortment of new parts with additional registration numbers? Perhaps just the panels that contain names and registration numbers instead of whole saucer and warp engine parts.

jacberk

Old Fart - New Member
May 26, 2009
New Martinsville, West Virginia
As I write this, Diego Cortes' Xerxes sits half built on my desk. I warped the saucer and stalled on the nacelle. Your update couldn't come at a better time. Thanks sidewinder81777! Now we got a Xerxes 505 Refit and a Xerxes 505-A. Variety and variations; always a winner. Way too cool!
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.