New Train Room

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rockislandmike, Apr 16, 2004.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Well, my wife and I signed the papers yesterday making us official houseowners to be. Just a couple small conditions, and then we move in 02-July.

The train room is part of the giant rumpus room downstairs, complete with a wood-fired stove, and enough room for a nice cozy lounge and sizeable television set (courtesy my parents, who replaced their 27" with an even bigger unit).

The train room itself is enclosed on three sides, and measures 19-7 by 13-7. Negotiations are still underway for a staging area in the utility room (i.e., other side of a wall).
  2. nalmeida

nalmeida Member

Congratulations!

Congratulations Mike, Now the fun begins :)

I'll hopefully do the same next year!
  3. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

way to go Mike:thumb: :thumb:
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

5. brakie

brakie Active Member

6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

B&MC Corporate Management has always found that plans submitted to the Spousal Zoning Commission showing how well the new staging area fits over a ---NEW--- washer and dryer go thru the approval process quite well. ;) :D Congratulations :thumb:
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Re: Re: New Train Room

Also, that plans submitted to the Spousal Zoning Commission showing how well the new staging area fits over a ---NEW--- ANYTHING!!!! go thru the approval process quite well. :D :D :D :D

Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!
  8. hudsonelectric

hudsonelectric Member

Mike...

CONGRATULATION!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :wave: :wave:
    My wife and I bought this ol' house in November of '99 and I'm just now getting around to creating a train room and office in the basement. I have studs and sheetrock up for the dividing wall, and have enclosed the basement stairs. The final room size will be about the same as yours. Hey, aint it great?? When we bought the house, my wife went running inside and immediately staked her claim on the best closets and a small nursery room for 'her' room. I ended up with a closet 1 1/2' foot deep and 8' long with a door on one end....it's rediculous! I claimed the basement which is the reason why I bought the house in the first place! :D :D

Russ