New passenger service on the OA&GB

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
The Ottawa, Algonquin & Georgian Bay has just taken delivery of their new Mack Rail Bus to provide additional service to the Highland Inn during the peak period of June through September...

lambertbus.jpg

May need to be repainted, or at least lettered and numbered...

Andrew

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Wow, those are some serious brake pads on the rear wheel.

What've you got in mind for the paint shop?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
While it is in mint condition, I am thinking a Pullman green or complete Canadian National green/gold/black would look great. Or maybe I should leave well enough alone...!

Andrew

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
MasonJar said:
... maybe I should leave well enough alone...!

BLASTPHEME!

Might be cool to just put white lettering.

Is that some form of handicap accessible door at the rear? Seems odd for the time period, but my wife (in the medical field) would be proud :)

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
The rail busses date from the turn of the (last) century... This model is about mid-1920s I think. The rear door is for baggage. Funny thing is these were built exclusively for rail service, but the model at least has a steering wheel in it... :confused:

Andrew

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
What a neat model, Andrew! Who's the manufacturer? I can see that one in CNR Green #11, with a black roof, and the roadname and number in yellow/gold (or metallic gold: C-D-S makes alphabets in either colour). Maybe some buff or light grey windowshades, too.
Does this mean that your search for a gas/electric is over?

Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks again every one... here's some answers:

Wayne - It is a brass model by Lambert. I'd love to do it up, but I am more than a little scared to paint it...! The 1950s CN scheme would look cool (with the black stripe) but is really too new for it. The acquisition of the rail bus is coincidental with the end of my search, but I did in fact find a gas-electric as well, courtesy of another Gauger!

Val - The OA&GB is indeed a freelanced road. I am altering the history of the Ottawa, Arnprior and Parry Sound (that was bought out by Grand Trunk, then rolled into CNR). SO I thought while I am doing a little re-writing, I'd add a new road too... ;)

Andrew