New Millennium Falcon

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hehehe, new Falcon = new models = new cash!

Well at least that proves that even a hunk'o'junk is subject to "ageing". :D ;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Interesting though. Some of these prequels should be better than the originals., seeing that they don't have to obey the laws of physics, morality, and continuity, they can do whatever they wish, as long as the ships look cool, and a lot of people die, in space, that is. ;)

New Milf.jpg

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
seeing that they don't have to obey the laws of physics, morality, and continuity, they can do whatever they wish

I honestly LOVE "Rogue One" because it exactly follows that formula. It was by far not perfect but a highly interesting approach of the story (with breath-taking imagery). The audience was fairly surprised to see a gritty and serious war movie like "The Dirty Dozen" instead of a light-hearted witty heist movie à la "Ocean's 11" (which in fact surprised me a lot; I was completely fooled by the trailer shots of the Imperial Base; I was sure it was set on the Death Star ;) ). And I need THAT DARN TANK. Either way. Paper model or Hasbro Vintage Collection. That one is so cool and I can imagine putting the shell over an RC body and scare the neighbourhood with it driving and shooting around. :cool:

There will always be fans who don't like those deviations but that's completely natural. Tastes are different. Everything else would be boring. As long as the movie gives the audience a good time I'm fine with it. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It's only natural to upgrade any kind of long lived ship. This usually involves outward appearance changes. Then they have to be identified by time periods. It happens with real aircraft to. We upgraded 70 Sea King/ and HH3's Helicopters from 3 bladed rotors to an elastomeric rotor head which held five blades, way more powerful engines. The craft were stripped down the the frame, and even the framing taken apart. In the end, it was cheaper than starting a new production line, and increased the lifespan on those helicopters by 6o years. The HH3 is still in use and many countries produce and use these Helo's under license.

Progressive improvement on a solid design makes sense, and adds realism to a story line. The HH3 (on top) has a rear door access point, The Sea King (H-3) below is amphibious and can land and float in some pretty rough seas. While officially retired, both are still in use, and their retirement goes slowly, many being transferred to the Coast Guard.

HH-3F_Pelican_from_Coast_Guard_Air_Station.jpg SH3H.jpg

Reactions: bigpetr

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Not sure who they are, but YouTube people sure have. :)