Dom

Feb 12, 2008
Hi,:wave:

My name is Dom,
I'm fairly new to Model Railroading. Having started my first N scale layout about 2 months ago. I have not done any model railroading since I was about 10 or 12, that was 50 years ago.
My layout is build on an 80 X 30 door covered with a 1" layer of pink foam.
Most of the bench work is completed and I've started on the scenery. Still a lot of work to be done. I'm told in this hobby, "the layout is never done" I'm sure I'll have many question as I go along.

The layout will run two trains, a passenger on the outer loop and and a freight on the inner loop. The passenger will use a Bachmann Spectrum F7A & B unit, the freight a Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0.
So far I'm having a lot of fun seeing ideas come to life. My wife says she know's where I am and it keeps me out of her way. We both retired last year.

mabelair

Jan 25, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Hey Dom, welcome!

I'm also a new model railroader and am learning along the way! Good to see another Brother in Rails. ;-)

MAB

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Welcome aboard Dom.
You have chosen the right model railroad forum. The Gauge has plenty of very competent modelers who are friendly and willing to help.
We are both in the same situation, I came back to model railroading after a 50 years break and I'm retired too.
Sometime at our age modeling in N scale is not that easy : less that perfect eyesight, clumsy fingers and so forth :).

The most important is To have fun ( That's what my wife tell me when I send some small engine part or coupler spring flying across the room )

From a retired model railroader to another.

Jacques

Dec 10, 2007
Thanks Herc Driver,I hope to be able to figure out how to do some MP15AC's since we don't have any in plastic in N Scale.I would use the Atlas MP15DC a a starting point.Also would like to get some SD40-2's and have the fuel tanks shortened for Milwaukee Road. Steve Church Milwaukee Road Iowa Division