New Buildings

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi everyone,

Here are some picture of the New River Mining Company and the ADM Grain Elevator that I have just finished building this passed couple of days.

Attachments

• view 2.jpg
    view 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 160
  • View 1.jpg
    View 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 156
  • view3.jpg
    view3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 152

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
The glacier gravel company will go on my new layout (see "current layout" thread) and the main conyveyor will go into a hill that will be built into a corner. The yellow stairs will be added when the building is it's final place on the new layot.

The ADM grain elevator will be on the module layout (see "Atlas Swtches" thread) and will be part of a huge complex. The hole complex will be in Red (Detail on roofs and stairs/Handrails) Gray (all buildings) and White (Row of 24 silos, 12 on each side: in the backround of picture 2 above)

Both buildings were sprayed with grey primer and Ultra Flat black to rid of the ugly plastic shine and finish.

I am hopig to get started building my new layout and the module by the end of this month.

What do you guys think of these buildings?

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
You probably should have gave them their final coat before assembly. that makes things much much easier, especially when weathering and highlighting details.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
:wave: Green_elite_cab,

I was thinking and before i assembled them, i painted them right after I cut the pieces off the plastic trees. Everything on both buildings was painted before assembly this time. With my other buildings, I had assembled them and then painted them but found this to be a lot harder and I can see why everyone paints before them put em' together, It makes it so much easyer.:)

:wave: Miles,

Well since I made the glacier gravel company the same way Walthers tells you to and this is the way we put it into the track plan, then perfect. :)

The ADM is not going to be on my main layout though, it will be on the 6' x 2' module along with 2 more ADM grain buildings, Red wing flour mill, petersons tool specialties, and some scratch built buildings.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Great, mine is still in the box, Mom is in the hospital with out much hope held by anyone but me.

Anyway, excellant work.

I thought of you today at the hobby shop as they had a slew of HO trucks of all kinds.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
TruckLover said:
:wave: Green_elite_cab,

I was thinking and before i assembled them, i painted them right after I cut the pieces off the plastic trees. Everything on both buildings was painted before assembly this time. With my other buildings, I had assembled them and then painted them but found this to be a lot harder and I can see why everyone paints before them put em' together, It makes it so much easyer.:)

:wave: Miles,

Well since I made the glacier gravel company the same way Walthers tells you to and this is the way we put it into the track plan, then perfect. :)

The ADM is not going to be on my main layout though, it will be on the 6' x 2' module along with 2 more ADM grain buildings, Red wing flour mill, petersons tool specialties, and some scratch built buildings.

i think that mining building deserves its own module! rather, ADM grain would be best on a long spurr on the track plan, which could be added in. just my opinion.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Gil Finn said:
Great, mine is still in the box, Mom is in the hospital with out much hope held by anyone but me.

Anyway, excellant work.

I thought of you today at the hobby shop as they had a slew of HO trucks of all kinds.

Hope everything turns out for the best.

good luck
Chris

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks Gil Finn, and both Chris's for the nice compliments

Gil Finn, Im sorry to hear about your mom, I truly hope she will be ok.

O and as for the Mine on a seperate module, I was thinkin of doing this cause it is so big and would look cool by itself with tons of mines, Main Building, and the Coal Flood Loader.

But, I have already started building other things for the module and I don't want to turn back now cause I have already scraped the Inland Cement Company in order too make the huge row of silos. Don't worry, everything has been used for the new module on the Inland Cement building and nothing has been thrown away or just set aside to sit there forever.sign1

I think that scraping this building was actualy kinda good cause now I will have more roof details for the roofs of the complex and it will make it look more realistic.