Need your help on paint roadnames

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
what kind of paint job should i put on my SW-1500?, i need to know some roadnames and pictures if you have them, this is for a ride on scale engine, thanks

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
I like them all, i will probally get rio grand just because i like the bright orange and black,

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
How about something unique??

For example, the LSST (Lake Superior Terminal Transfer RR) owned NW2's but could just as easily have had sw 1500's in thier roster and very well may have.

The unique thing about this Railroad is that it was Owned By the
Great Northern, Northern Pacific and the Soo line RR.

In the picture example you will see an NW2 in its well weathered and well faded colors.
Notice the home colors are the same as the GN or the BNSF example already given yet there is a Differance.

Rather than large orange stripes with green, Its is large Green Stripes with smaller Orange.The Green is NP green (very close to GN's Green)and the Orange is GN orange.
(The soo line didnt own enough of the line to have any say as to its coloring, they just got to pay a percentage of the Bills ;)
The GN owned 50 % of this line which operated out of superior wisconsin transferring goods to all 3 RR 's classification yards.It is now a fallen flag with the BNSF handling all of its former operations in the Duluth-Superior Twin Ports Area.

Think of it as a smaller version of the Harbor Belt Line :D

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=9558

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Cid,

now this is a gaudy paint scheme! At least you can't lose that loco in a freight yard. :D

What's funny: This is the first PROTOTYPE picture I see, which looks for me like a MODEL photograph. (Normally it's the other way around.) The glaring colors and the somehow oversize appearance of the white handrails are looking a bit toyish - and the grass in front looks almost like a bunch of fake fur grass. :confused: :cool: :D

But IT IS a sharp looking paint scheme! :thumb:

Ron