Need a particular layout from Model Railroader . . .

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Okay, I have to give this some backstory.

I had received a stack of Model Railroader magazines from a guy, and one of them had a great little how-to article on this little swamp layout. I had plans to build this one at one point, but I got out of model railroading and gave away the magazines.

Stupid move on my part, because now I've got the skills to create that layout (well, follow the instructions in the magazine at least) and I'd like to get started on it, but I can't remember much from it.

The issue was from the mid-nineties and was during the time that they had a series of articles on how to scratchbuild a brass locomotive. Can someone with this issue scan the article for me? I would really appreciate it, because I remember thinking it was an easy layout to do, and an easy layout would be just the thing to get me back into the hobby.

S class

Jun 9, 2009
I have a sub to that mag so I'll have a look on line to see if I can turn up anything for ya

S class

Jun 9, 2009
Update: had a look at their online database but it dosen't appear to go before 1998 but I did find a 5' by 4' called the turtle creek southern which is based in the everglades is that the one your after? I'd rescan it into my computer but the quality isn't great to begin with can we post PDF's here?

thetramp

Jul 10, 2012
I was looking the these old post looking for a small layout to build as I will start retirement pretty soon. Am I too late to get a PDF of this layout?