Need 4x8 N scale plans!

hemiadda2d

Jun 15, 2003
Cheyenne, WY
www.railimages.com
Folks, my local club, Sherman Hill Model RR Club, in Cheyenne, WY, is about to get ideas to build a 4x8 for club use. Train shows, conventions, etc. We have a sturdy 4x8' skelton frame, legs, and such already salvaged from previous layouts. My buddy Mike and I will build it,a nd we want something that will showcase the virtues of N versus HO, and not be a spaghetti bowl. Prototype doesn't much matter, as the layout will be featuring generic Western US scenery.
What I need are links to websites that have some 4x8' plans in N.
I have my own home layout, the BN High Prairie Sub, based in Nothern Idaho.
This layout will likely not be DCC, so ease of wiring is a must.
Thanks!

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I'm going to repeat a suggestion I've made before: why not build a 4x8 HO plan with N gauge track, using N gauge spacing? You'll get a very roomy plan. Maybe the HO Railroad That Grows ?
Check out Thortrains's site -- I think he produces track plans like mad.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi hemiadda2d
Here's an HO plan of mine that fitted into a 10' by 5' space. Should be easy to make an 8' by 4' in N-scale from it. Okay, it's a logging layout, but it doesn't have to be.
Shamus.

Attachments

• 10b5a.jpg
    10b5a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 571

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by 60103
....why not build a 4x8 HO plan with N gauge track, using N gauge spacing? You'll get a very roomy plan....

I'm going to 2nd David's suggestion here...especially if you're building this as a comparison between the two scales!
Doing an HO plan in N scale would give you very broad curves, & long sidings, lending itself perfectly to large locomotives, modern freight &/or passenger operations. There would also be a huge scenery-to-track ratio...plenty of room for big structures, & big scenery!:cool: