Name that Layout

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
MilesWestern said:
The mining town of Rocklin is home to the large quarry which provides ballast for the BNSF and the local shortline (or your own creation) which connects Rocklin with the industrial center at Montgomery. The BNSF serves the large container transloading operation at Keyport, which has many suburbs (Cloverdale, Winthrop, and Hamilton) that the BNSF main line rolls through on it's way Northeast.

Talk to me more about this please! :)

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
holdenburg said:
Think of the possibilities... Tiki Huts and Lawn Chairs with bikini models... :thumb:

sign1 sign1 sign1
Well that is a different idea. I never thought of that. I have to be honest, its not a direction I see me going. I can see how the possibilities would be fun! :D

holdenburg

Dec 29, 2006
Florida
www.nettechonline.net
Miles has the stuff...!

MilesWestern said:
The mining town of Rocklin is home to the large quarry which provides ballast for the BNSF and the local shortline (or your own creation) which connects Rocklin with the industrial center at Montgomery. The BNSF serves the large container transloading operation at Keyport, which has many suburbs (Cloverdale, Winthrop, and Hamilton) that the BNSF main line rolls through on it's way Northeast.

Combat...

Miles I think has the right stuff. If you need a quary, the only ones here are in Miami where they quary the coral rock. The picture of the FEC shows over 100 plus cars. This goes on every day here. The train leaves from Miami and goes north some where. I should find out where but never bothered as I can only tell you how many times I get stuck waiting for this very train to get through West Palm.

You can shoot a cannon from Miami all the way to Jacksonville and never hit a hill except the Landfill halfway up in Fort Pierce... As you can see in the picture I added to the earlier post, No Hills, only High Rise Buildings and plenty of SunShine...

H.:)

AlienKing

Apr 19, 2006
Here's a couple of real short lines in Oregon, if you are looking to go that way.

Port of Tillamook Bay Railroad (http://www.potb.org/railroad.htm)
Portland and Western (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_and_Western_Railroad)

I found these buy following the coast of Oregon in google maps at the highest level it shows railroads. I just scanned along until I saw some tracks at go into a port city, then searched google images for the townname + "railroad".

shadow

Dec 31, 2006
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/old_factory.jpg on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It didn't work for me either

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
:wave:
This is the manufacturers version in the day time.

09330000002916.gif

My version at night. I still need to detail it, sorry the stuff is on order :eek:ops: . I hope you like it so far. PLEASE :D leave a comment. I would love some feed back. Thanks! :thumb:

MVC-001F.JPG

MVC-003F.JPG

MVC-004F.JPG

MVC-005F.JPG

MVC-007F.JPG

MVC-008F.JPG

MVC-009F.JPG

I still do not have a name for the town :curse: but there has been some great ones suggested.

Cya next time.

shadow

Dec 31, 2006
Wait Till We Get The Engines In There With Lights And Strobe Flashing In A Short Video, Thanks He Did A Nice Job Must Have Got It From Me Dad

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
HA HA, Thats my partner in modeling, Shadow is my Dad and is working with me on the bench work.

A big thanks to the painter, my wife. She did a fantastic job! Its nice to have a wife that participates in the hobby. :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
shadow said:
Wait Till We Get The Engines In There With Lights And Strobe Flashing In A Short Video, Thanks He Did A Nice Job Must Have Got It From Me Dad

Are you the Shadow from Scalerailsonline? If you are, I have talked to you on the chat before :wave:

Glad to see that you came aboard and welcome to the Gauge. Nice another Father Son Team :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: