N scale LL Proto N GP38-2

C

Catt

Like KATO locos the LifeLike units have an ATLAS clone drive.They look good,they run good,and they pull good. :mrgreen:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I've got three of them and one runs well...while the other two seem to have an electrical problem that I haven't figured out yet. They run well then all of a sudden stop...start...the stop. If I touch the shell very gently, I can get them started again. Whatever the problem is (and it's on my list to do) I'm guessing it's very slight since it doesn't take much to fix it...Overall, they look great, run smoothly and are only slightly louder than a Kato. I'm happy with them - even the ones that don't run without problems - and would buy a few more if needed. And as soon as I figure out what the problem is with the other two units...I'll be running a string of three and enjoying them even more.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I seen 'em run at he N Scale club I am a member of..They are smooth runners but,I would go with the Atlas GP38-2s since they have about the same MSRP-LL $99.98.Atlas $99.95..Also the Atlas GP38-2 has a cheaper discount price.
Atlas:$67.49 Vs. LL at $74.95.

IMHO the Atlas will be the better of the two.

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
Anybody install a DCC decoder in one of the LL's
They have a split frame and the instructions with the loco said to remove the light board and install a DCC board and your set to go.
The problem is that I don't see where anyone that makes a DCC board for this loco.:confused:
Any help?
Thanks in advance