my trackplan

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Just a quick note: in real life there are steam locos with blind wheels too.

Our ex- standard South African Harbour shunting steam loco classes S, S1 and S2 were 0-8-0's and their two center wheels were blind.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I may be missing something, but if your room is 10.5 X 10.5 it looks like the layout takes up the entire space. If that's true, how do you access/view the yard on the right side? If the dark line is a divider it seems that it would hide a lot of that yard which, if I understand correctly, will be a steel mill, will making operations there difficult.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
One last layout querry

bigsteel said:
does blind mean it has no flanges for the wheels to take tighter turns?just didnt know what you meant

Yip, thats exactly what they are there for. :thumb:

Also, one thing I always thought was that on the far right of your layout plan there is no wall there so another person can stand there too- or is it a standard room- because thjat will change everything. :D

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Heres an example

C:\SAR\drawings\locos\S2

If you look at the driver wheels you will see the drawing office drew the outer wheels thicker than the center two, probably to denote no flanges for the inner two.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
OK everybody im sorry but this is the wrong thread.this is the old one.im done planning my trackplan as i had it in "trackplanning for the future" for the past month.the whole thing has been figured out and redone.sorry to burst your bubble.if you want to see it go to the trackplanning forum and youll find it there thanks!.--josh