My new years task

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
Been bouncing this around for a few weeks and decided to do it this weekend. Started a module for my upcoming layout. Went to Home depot and got 2 sheets of 3/4 (all they had) extruded pink foam and some spruce 1x4's. Built the frame and assembled with 3/8 plywood with 2 layers of 3/4 foam, cut my riverbed, put on my double track bridge and will be putting on more track tomorrow. Edited pics with paint to bring down the size for loading faster.:D
Picture001_586602.jpg

Picture003_985422.jpg

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
MilesWestern said:
...Where's the roundhouse gonna go? I'm about two-thirds-done with it, it's getting some special windows put in at I type this! :thumb: can't wait to see some more progress! (goes off to work on roundhouse) :)
on next module:thumb: along with part of yard:D
With the part of roundhouse your sending and another part coming in from runcooper, I'll have 6 stalls:thumb:

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Looks like you'll have to construct the roundhouse as two seperate structures! I built this roundhouse as a single structure, not meant to be added on to... oh well! :D

I took about 6 hours of weathering to finish off your roundhouse, I want all-out using reference photos of modern roundhouses and carefull weathered ever brick with no less than three coats of wash and detail paint. I'm very pleased on how it came out and I think you will be too! :)

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Thanks! Espically because this labor of love is yours now! :cry: Can't wait to see it on a sceniked layout with a proper home though! :thumb:

Your new roundhouse has a removable middle ceiling, so you can take a look inside, or remove a de-railed engine! I should be able to ship it out by tuesday or wednesday, because of New year's and the day of mourning for the departed President Ford. :(