My first post

C Webb

Mar 19, 2007
Hello C Webb it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums.

As mentioned in the title, this is my first post. In the weeks past since signing on, I have not felt it necessary to either ask a question, or respond to anything I have read about in the regular forums. Few if any posts made by other members have sparked my interest.

I am interested in scale modeling, and could care less about rapping about tin plate. Each unto his own! I have enjoyed perusing some of the older postings and especially enjoyed the photography albums. But to be quite frank, there is little so far to keep me interested here. Most likely I will drop in from time to time to see whats happening but for now there are no forums very active in my field of interest.

What I have seen in the short period of time I have been on board is that the Gauge is composed of a close nit group that wants to play together, and to hell with anyone else. Just my opinion based on several weeks of hanging around. I apologize to anyone offended by my negative comments, but it is definitely the image being portrayed.

Model railroading is for fun, a good thing to remember. I wish everyone the best in the future, and once again, "have fun".

Bye now,
C Webb

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
My experiences here at the Gauge have been almost totally the opposite of yours. There have been plenty of topics that interest me, I haven't actually seen very much "tinplate" stuff, and I have found the group to be very welcoming of newcomers and not cliquish at all.

Regardless of whether you decide to hang out, or possibily even continue posting on occasion, I am wishing you a huge W E L C O M E to this forum!!

N

nachoman

You got sent that first paragraph as an automated email? Interesting...

Kevin

NTaghon

Apr 30, 2007
So from the sound of your post your not interested in tin plate? (BTW you COULDN'T CARE LESS about rapping about tin plate. I could care less would indicate that you cared in the first place thereby resulting in your ability to care less). Well, I haven't read a single post on here regarding tin plate. Nor would I want to. But I digress. Why would your first post here be to complain about the fact that nothing here interests you? Obviously something must or you would have just gone about your merry way. It's much easier to not register than to do the opposite. Just a thought.

C Webb

Mar 19, 2007
NTaghon,
Apologize for waking you up! I said what I said because that is the way it happened! I thank you for analyzing my comment it will be of great value to me in the future.
My interest in the Gauge was simply an interest in railroading and model railroading born more than fifty years ago. Truly sorry I ruffled your feathers, but what I wrote is what I meant. Oh yes, what I wrote is "just a thought" he he!

By now! keep smiling!
C Webb

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
C. Webb,

The message you received about not posting for a while that encourages you to do so is a new feature that surprised most of us here! :) Apparently members now automatically get a message like that at the top of the page if they haven't posted in a while. It was not generated by any of the moderators or members. I'm still getting used to it as a feature.

As for The Gauge being a closed, close knit group I imagine you'll see some easy familiarity among members who know each other well after posting several times over the course of several months or even years but I think you'll find the membership open and welcoming in response to your posts about the hobby.

In any case I hope you'll continue to check in to see if anything sparks your interest. Checking on your past posts I see you know quite abit about narrow gauge locos. Is that your particular area?

Regards,
Ralph

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Funny... I haven't seen that many posts about hi-rail. If you are in O scale, you will find yourself considerably outnumbered by the 3-railers, though.

I hope we don't seem that off-putting to new members.