My 15 Minutes.........

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Ok - I started today - "15 minutes" :D :D :D

I went down to the "organized Chaos" I call my work room & started cleaning it up, so that, in the future, I can dedicate the 15 min to actually accomplishing something.

My area where I actually work is 36" wide by 18" deep (keep this in mind) :D :D

I used 6 -- 15 minute periods, in that, it took 1 - 1/2 hours to clean this mess up!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have 2 -- 4 drawer organizers, the drawers are ALL labled now, so that I don't have to pull open 2 drawers to find what I want...

That 18 x 36 section of bench???? is all cleaned off, I can see that, it is, in fact wooden under there again :D :D

Now, What insane muse of model railroading had me put:
6 pencils, 2 sharpie 3/4" diameter & 2 1/2" diameter (all 4 sharpies are black), 3 "average" screwdrivers, (one I havent seen in weeks), 1 Large 14" screwdriver, and 3 pocket mini screwdrivers, 1 bent nosed needle nosed pliers, 1 hacksaw, 2 different wire cutters, 9 drill bits (Various sizes), 2 hex wrenches, 1 wire stripper, 1- 6" channelloks and all kinds of trash, of course. in that little area :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But it's "All" where it belongs now hehehehe....all cleaned up and organized :) :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey, not bad:thumb::thumb: Is this your claim to your 15 minutes, (or six of them) of fame? :D:D. It usually takes me longer than that to find my workbench so you did well. We should all take from your lead. :wave::wave:

Now let's see, I thinks it's somewhere over there under that big pile of stuff..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
N Gauger said:
Now, What insane muse of model railroading had me put:
6 pencils, 2 sharpie 3/4" diameter & 2 1/2" diameter (all 4 sharpies are black), 3 "average" screwdrivers, (one I havent seen in weeks), 1 Large 14" screwdriver, and 3 pocket mini screwdrivers, 1 bent nosed needle nosed pliers, 1 hacksaw, 2 different wire cutters, 9 drill bits (Various sizes), 2 hex wrenches, 1 wire stripper, 1- 6" channelloks and all kinds of trash, of course. in that little area :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But it's "All" where it belongs now hehehehe....all cleaned up and organized :) :)

Its amazing how many very different and even so similar tools end up in one little area. Which has me wonder.. How many people have a trash can right under their desk or within reaching distance?

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
b28_82 said:
Its amazing how many very different and even so similar tools end up in one little area. Which has me wonder.. How many people have a trash can right under their desk or within reaching distance?

:D :D I do!1 I Do!!!! :D :D :D It's about 2 feet away - So nothing "jumps" off the workbench & into the trash :) :)

Don - this is a reference to Tileguy's article in The Gauge Mag -
Fifteen More Minutes

:D :) :D :) :D

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
NG,
give me 15 minutes in your work room and it will be worse than before,:D :D :D my work bench is the Feather River Rail road, any vacant space that is available I use.(I even move buildings when nessessary).:D
I am adding a third level to the layout soon, :thumb: not because I want more train running,:confused: I need space to work on what I already have, and the junk will migrate to this new level then I may be able to see what I am working on, or what needs working on...:eek: :eek: :eek:

It must be writen into the code for MRR`s, rule 1, be messy,:thumb: rule 2, keep it messy.:thumb: :thumb:
hey it works for me, I will get a larger layout, and thats good...:D :D :D :D :D have a good one..steve

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Mikey, whats a workbench?? I took over the dining room table simply because i wasnt going to waste my 15 minutes looking for mine ;)

Now that your cleaned up and organized, we expect big things from you,15 minutes at a time :D

Robin, we know why yours is a mess, your prolific, you never stop. you need to consider 15 min. breaks!! As long as you have a 6" x 12" clean area for cutting cardstock,what more do you need?? :D

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
OK,I should qualify why my workbench is a mess.Most of you know I am changing scales.This means my workbench is littered with N scale items that are going on the ebay block 1 layer at a time.I think there is about 7 layers there.(and now you know the rest of the story) :D

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I get to use my workbench at work for my modeling, so i don't have a choice, but to clean up after a modeling session. Still, it is amazing how fast the surface can dissapear under a myrid of bits and pieces of wood, plastic, tools,etc. It has actually improved my housecleaning routine. I still haven't figured out how I can turn it into a disaster in less than 5 min, but It takes me three times as long to clean it up.

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Well I spent my 15 minutes on the workbench also. My list reads like a Christmas song.
12-paintbrushes
11-screwdrivers
10-broken McHenry's
9-drill bits
8-DPM walls
7-paint bottles
6-intresting sprues
5-Athearn kits
4-types glue
3-pieces of chalk
2-beer bottles
1-Dremel tool
See what I mean!!!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
You guys are doing terrific. I spent my 15 minutes looking for my bench and I still can't find it, but there is hope. I'll have to wait until the next 15 minutes, but I do see some clues...:thumb:

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
:D :D :D ROFL Willie :D :D :D I was thinking of that when I made my list :)

After everyone cleans off their own workbench, we'll all head up to tileguy's and clean & organize his... That way he won't be able to find anything! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That'll be enough payback for giving us the idea to work a bit on our modeling.... which prompted me to clean my work area in the first place :D :D :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I cleaned mine off today. Guess what I found. WOOD!..Thats right. There was a piece of plywood nailed to four legs and a two by four frame holding up the mess. Amazing what you can find when you clean.
Now that the bench is clean, I can't find the garbage can.....