MS Solingen - an old kit a little bit pimped!

Wilfried

Aug 20, 2004
Bremen, Germany
Moin, moin fellows,

first of all, my english is not experienced, so I hope, you accept my apologies.. I started a few month ago a project to integrate all the techniques we have at home; printer, scanner and a good software to redesign or to construct new details for a model.
The object is an old construction from WHV; the "Solingen" - well known here as "Krefeld" - built by our member Jim Krauzlis ...
If you like, to follow my progress - please, you are heavily invited ...

http://kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=9731

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Welcome, Wilfried!:)

I have been enjoying Wilfried's build thread on the Kartonbau forum of this beautiful merchant ship. What is striking about his build is how he is enhancing the basic kit, an old standard from Wilhelmshavener Modell, with many details making this a true museum quality model.

True, I built a distant sister ship, the Krefeld, based on the Wilhelmshavener Modell Micro Fleet version of this vessel, which is published in 1/500 scale as well as Wilfried's version which is in 1/250 scale. My reduced build, at 1/1000 scale, which can be found in one of the build threads here (http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3172&highlight=krefeld), is but a very small version and no where as detailed and beautiful as Wilfried's build.

I wholeheartedly recommend you take a look at his brilliant creation, which, as I write this, is still in progress, as it is well worth a look; not only will you find some nice tips and techniques but, above all, it is an inspiration to see how a ship should and, with a little patience and a lot of Wilfried's skills, could be built.

BTW, Wilfried, your English is very good and easily understood, far more than I could ever hope my German would be.:eek:ops:

Cheers!
Jim

Wilfried

Aug 20, 2004
Bremen, Germany
Moin Jim,
I thank you so well for your nice recommodation on my small ship! The intention for my activities into this old construction was to find out, what ist possible with the techniques we've at home. There's a lot of complaining about some models on the market - but there is a solution: make it on your own! How it works, I described it with my building report - thank you Jim - please have a look. If there any questions, please feel free, ask me.
Old merchant ships - as I grown up - sorrily - they go down .. but I remember this ships ... this is in fact one of my intention to build them up now ... more than one decade later ...
I like you all and thank you for your interest.

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried

M

Mark_1984

That's a very nice build of an unusual subject. Being 'in the business' so to speak, it's nice to see a model of a merchant ship.

cdcoyle

Nov 21, 2005
Moin, Wilfried.

Ich habe gerade eben auf dein Schiff geschaut. Der sieht echt herrlich aus. Auf dein englisch musst du wirklich nicht sorgen...wie du siehst, kann ich das schoene deutsche Sprache genau so gut beschaedigen (war vor 27 Jahren in Aurich Austauschschueler). Ich werde sicher das Weiterbau deines Schiff mit hoechstem Interesse folgen.

Tschuess,