More HOn30

Chris333

Jul 29, 2003
community.webshots.com
Hi all,
After seeing Shaygetz teakettle and remembering my HOn30 days. I thought I would post some pics of my old stuff. The loco is a brick price brass kit with a N scale plymouth under it. The cars are grandt line and the caboose is scratchbuilt on a grandt line truck. Its base on the KD HO logging caboose. Hope you like::

Attachments

• brickprice.jpg
    brickprice.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 144

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Sweet looking loco that, might just have to make me one for my 0n30.
shamus

Chris333

Jul 29, 2003
community.webshots.com
OK On30 now

This started out as a B mann On30 2-6-0. I put a smaller boiler on it and added some brass parts. Shortend the tender.

Attachments

• pic0001.jpg
    pic0001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 136

Chris333

Jul 29, 2003
community.webshots.com
I have since sold all these items on e bay and now model N scale. Seeing everyone elses pictures always gets me off my butt and into the train room. So thats why I posted some too.

Chris

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Chris,
I don't know how you could bear to part with those beauties!
On the other hand, I know what it's like having models in several gauges, hehehehe, never know which one to get on with most!

I adore the shot of the Sn30 "past layout", it makes an ideal subject for a diorama.

Heck, I gotta get my butt in gear and get on with some modelling.. :eek: :) :)

N-gauge Rules YEAHH ... :D :D :D

Errol

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by kettlestack
N-gauge Rules YEAHH ... :D :D :D

Errol

Yup, Errol, if it weren't for N-gauge ruling...I wouldn't have any good running mechanisms to pillage and pilfer for my HO slim gauge;) :p :D

Chris, I had been trying to get ahold of one of the old HOn30 Mini-trains sets that AHM made years ago when I had a sort of neuralogical epiphany, "Duh, why come I don't just build it?":rolleyes: Thanks for the great pics...I'm building that caboose as we speak...er...type.

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Very nice modeling Chris, I know darn well that I could not have parted with them, they would be in my curio cabinet along with 50 or so others that I enjoy looking at every day, sometimes I even take them out, set up some HO track on a flush door and run them for a few days. Then it's back to my N scale layout and the HO's go to sleep till next time.

Chris333

Jul 29, 2003
community.webshots.com
Yeah I wish I still had all of them, but its kinda like I sell one to pay for the "next" one. I sold a HOn30 brass forney to pay for the Bmann On30 set. Cut that all up and sold it cause the Sn3 climax looked so good.

But the good thing is all the while my N scale was growing. Haven't sold any yet:D

The new On30 climax coming out soon will probably look very close to the one in the pic (22ton, straight boiler)

I think I still have the small HOn30 layout I built to run the critter on. Its round!!! I cut a section from a plastic 55 gal barrel

Before that I modeled the Kennebeck Central in HOn30, I just don't really have that much room anymore.

I DO still have a On30 shay from Bmann. I made a larger cab, changed the water tank, it about half way done. Even though I don't have anything to run it on.

Is there a ten step program I can get on?

Chris

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Wow!
That is some fantastic modeling, Chris!:cool:
There is just always so much on this forum that inspires me!
Thanks for sharing those!:)