modelik T-100 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my revised framework for modeliks t-100 the origonal had a few issues that needed resolving that aside im having alot of difficulting finding out any information about the tanks interior and engine(GAM-34BT) the kit provides a nicely detailed drivers position but there is nothing between it and the engine bay but flat card so does anybody have any suggestions on what this area would look like? the other problem is that the kit lacks the final drives/gearbox yet includes hatches an so forth for that compartment which is also visable over the top of the engine, so any ideas on t-100,s gearbox final drives is really needed if i am to have the engine visable:confused:

Attachments

• DSC01306.JPG
    DSC01306.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01307.JPG
    DSC01307.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 9

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
The T-100 didn't survive but the derivative SU-100Y did and is displayed at Kubinka. Looking at images of the SU-100Y the final drive looks similar to the SMK/KV so I'd guess there were a lot of similarities internally. I think if you modelled the clutch/gearbox/brakes of a KV it wouldn't be too far from the T-100.

Regards,

Charlie

cheers theres pleantly of pictures of the su-100y floating about mostly from museum visitors taking pictures of the vehicle from outside ,somewere there must be interior shots im not looking for a massive level of detail most of that mid section will be obscured by the turret baskets but with the turret hatches open it will be obvious if its an empty void

ps. does anyone have any links to images of kv gearboxes/final drives?

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
cheers theres pleantly of pictures of the su-100y floating about mostly from museum visitors taking pictures of the vehicle from outside ,somewere there must be interior shots im not looking for a massive level of detail most of that mid section will be obscured by the turret baskets but with the turret hatches open it will be obvious if its an empty void

Most Russian tanks of this era didn't have turret baskets.

I've heard that it's very expensive to get interior shots of the Kubinka collection and that many of the vehicles have stripped interiors.

Regards,

Charlie

the t-100 does have turret baskets ,at least the kit does some parts of the kits interior are very detailed while others are non existant making it seem that the designer had to make do with the information avalible which does not bode well for finding this kind of information at worst i can simply close up the hatches and so fourth and omit the missing details

Status
Not open for further replies.