Model Power HO Flextrack and trains

slekjr

Feb 13, 2007
to Ohio
www.kiskijunction.com
This may have been covered somewhere but to search the search is too time consuming so I apoligize in advance.
Has anyone used the Model Power flextrack lately with the plastic ties and could you compare it to the atlas track. I see there is a considerable difference in price and one of my volunteers was asking about it.
Also I am curious about the new die cast metal line that Model Power is producing. Anyone have any of these cars or Locomotives that would like to comment.
Charlie

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
I have had a few of the metal cars and they're pretty nice.I would switch out the couplers for Kadees,but other then that I liked them.

Chris

N

nachoman

i used some MP flex when I was a kid...and had no problems with it. I remember there used to be both brass and N/S and the N/S had more of a "dull" color as opposed to the really shiny atlas. Or maybe I am thinking of the old bachmann steel track. I dunno.

Kevin

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Model Power Flex track is the same as Bachmann, since MP has some sort of a licence with them, if you look under their points it says Life Like too. Their building kits come from a manufacturer in Germany- Piko.

I've used it and it works fine for me, just battle a bit with their railjoiners though.