Model Power FP7s

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Okotoks, Calgary AB Canada
Visit site
Without getting into the debate about the quality of Model Power vs Kato / Atlas (yes I know the latter two are better), does anyone have any experience with the Model Power FP7As - Ie do they run ok (with DCC which they say are compatible with) or are they cr....p? I desparately want to outfit my layout with a few CP FP7As or am I destined to wait forwever for Atlas and Kato (ref my earlier thread on what I wish for!)

Thanks

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
Here are some pics of my FP9. Still a work in progress.

It started as and A and B Kato F3. Spiced together....

fp9%20001.jpg

Green puttty

fp9%20004.jpg

Frame lengthening
fp9%20011.jpg

All together (except grills and such....dry fit)

fp9%20013.jpg

A coat of primer!

fp9%20021.jpg

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Okotoks, Calgary AB Canada
Visit site
Dave,

Nice Job.

Rather than touch the Model Power I think I may have to follow your suit. Will be an interesting experience for me but at least I get to pick and choose the road numbers!!! Also the Kato mechanisms will run smooth and be DCC compatible.

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
The grills are off of a Intermountain Cylindrical Hopper car. HAHA...sometimes I need to be resourceful!

This is how she sits now. Roof is complete. Next step is the decals.
This Paint job took 4 coats of paint.......
Primer
Black (mask lower part of engine and antiglare panel)
Silver (mask grills)
Action Red(Remove all masking)

fp9%20031.jpg

fp9%20032.jpg

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Very nice indeed...

Cool Icicle breakers...

But what is that thing in between the forward pair of icicle breakers?

Turbo air scoop, or search lights?

I don't see any Spark Arrestors, is that what it is?

Here's a picture of the original Canadian Pacific 1412 FP9A in the Maroon Livery

The picture comes from the Canadian Pacific Railway Locomotive Roster and Photo Archives

Canadian Pacific Railway Locomotive Roster and Photo Archives 1400-1434 is interesting. The 1400 series of locomotives included two different models.

The GMD FP7's and FP9's. The main spotting feature between the two models of locomotive is the vent that is forward of the portal on the FP9's that is not on the FP7's.

The Winterization hatches on these locomotives are very tall. Most stock models have Winterization Hatches that are only half the height.

Excellent modeling and details!!!