mixed train

N

nachoman

well, I am back from an extended holiday break, and it is time to get trains running again. Here is Wednesday's daily mixed train pulling into Joy's Camp. Power for this train comes from baldwin outside frame consolidation #4, a roundhouse kit that still needs to be lettered. Behind the tender is Mogollon Railroad #400, a scratchbuilt water car that will provide water to one of the mines along the route. Next is boxcar #160, another scratchbuild, carrying merchandise for the local mercantile and supply store. Finally, combine #304, carrying the day's mail and four passengers - a lawyer who has a meeting with a client, a mother and daughter returning from a funeral in El Paso, and the principal of the local gradeschool, returning from a district meeting in Gila. This combine is a MDC overton kitbash.

kevin

Attachments

• mixed1.jpg
    mixed1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 34
  • mixed2.jpg
    mixed2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 30
  • mixed3.jpg
    mixed3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 29
  • mixed4.jpg
    mixed4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 23

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great looking old-time scene, there, Kevin!

You've done a super job with the loco, & rolling stock!

:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Good looking train, Kevin. I've always been a big fan of MDC and their awareness that many model railroaders are not only talented but also imaginative. I like the short story line about the passengers in the combine, too. It'll be interesting to see if Horizon thinks that there's a market for kits that benefit from the builder's input, beyond the assembly part of kitbuilding.

Wayne