mini scene - Woodland Scenic's "Smiley's Tow Service"

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Here are a few pictures of what I have been working on for the last couple of weeks.
It's Woodland Scenic's mini scene "Smiley's Tow Service" which comes complete with castings, ground foam, trees etc.

I think overall it turned out ok, most of the castings needed a lot of cleaning/filing to remove flashes, and I didn't like the way the trailer turned out, so I decided not to put it in the scene.

Next is to make and plant the trees and some bushes.

aat.jpg

aau.sized.jpg

aav.sized.jpg

aaw.sized.jpg

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Jesper that's a great diorama! You really did nice work on the painting and weathering. Was the fence made of stripwood or plastic. I think painting plastic to look like weathered wood is much trickier than working with real wood.

Around here those towing companies are usually impound lots as well for cars that have been towed for parking in the wrong place. It's a thriving little scam where I live, grrr!

Anyway, how about a few towed cars waiting for their owners to come and pick them up. You could probably use a couple of vicious dogs to guard the place too.

:thumb: Val

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I know just how bad the flash can be on those diecastings and I must say you made a great job of the kit.
It's the setting you put it in that really makes the scene look authentic. Oh boy! .. doesn't junk laying around in a yard make a difference! :thumb:
By the way, with no guard dogs .. the place might just get a visit from the 'Robber Barrons' .... (laffin).

Don't forget update pictures when you feel it's all finished :)

Well done!
Errol

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Jesper, very nice diorama/mini-scene indeed. You could enter that in the May comp.:thumb:
Shamus