Mechs versus Tanks

ThunderChild

I'm a huge lover of mechs. Sadly I have to favor tanks in this discussion. I would think mechs will have more moving parts, more intricate parts, and no matter how good the service plan is, that means more opportunities for something to go wrong and break down.

I loved the way Scotty said it in Star Trek 3: "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
For tank I thinking something like the Stryker M1128 with long rage laser canon or rail gun and maybe EMP missiles too to take the role of T-34 and Sherman in scifi battles with mech. Fast mobility and easy to hide under trees and bushes to ambush any ten stories walking buildings.

But, if I have to go with the mech, that would be something like the Xamel from Gundam or HWR-00-MK Monster from Macross. For a weapon that big, I don’t really need to be fast moving but must be heavily armored to take on a lot of punishment for defending home base/outpost with long range and close in weapons.

hey, nice to c u back, John.

Attachments

• m1128_01.jpg
    m1128_01.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 1059.jpg
    1059.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 10
  • destroid-monster.jpg
    destroid-monster.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 17

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Those huge Mech's that were in "Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind" almost destroyed the world!
god_warriors_by_tobiee-d35hp59.jpg

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
I don't know what to make of them. They are built as robots but not operate by pilot, they are living beings with intelligent and emotions. So, I said they are not qualified as mech and I don't have to fight them.

But, if I must. I'll still use my Strykers to pop em in the head with the long range rail gun, or laser.

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
You asking me? I don't know anything about WH40K Titans. But I will shoot em in the head too just the same.

Experimental Designs

Papercraft Visionary
Sep 4, 2011
West Columbia, SC
As much as I dislike Warhammer 40,000 and GW's business shenanigans they do have some really cool models and concepts like the Titans.

Titans are huge walking fortresses (especially if you get into the Emperor class Titans) are big huge targets. Every gun on the field will be trained on that one big target and pound it to a huge heap of scrap metal. As intimidating their size is on the field, it still amounts to something easy to shoot at. When in doubt launch a deathstrike (ala Nuke) at it. It's not hard to miss...

arkon

Aug 22, 2011
texas
yes GW and their prices $#&^, but as big walking towers of death they can level whole citys or forests. kind of hard to hide in something when you and it have been vaporised.