Masochism at it's best

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Feb 20, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay -- I know, there are on the market some Cambell shingles which will do the job just as well, but, Masochistic is my middle name :D
    Jus been shingling a roof one piece at a time. :rolleyes: Still ain't got it all finished yet, maybe by Friday night with a bit of luck.

Shamus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• roo.jpg
      roo.jpg
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

But it looks sooooooo goooooooooooooooood! Those shingles can tie me up and spank me all day long!
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Shamus. That is looking great. I don't have the patience to work that long on anything exept my layout and that came to a stall lately as I have been in bed really sick.. Better now and going to try to go to work today.
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Yeah Shamus, but when you're done, and see how good it looks, you change your middle name to Pleased As Punch!!:D :D :D
    The end result is more than worth the effort.
    Pete
  5. Casey Feedwater

Casey Feedwater Member

Very nicely done, Shamus. :)

Once again, you are an inspiration. I was thinking about making/applying individual shingles to a structure I'm currently working on. Now you've convinced me to. ;)
  6. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

:) :) :) Unnn-reeeaaall!!!

good looking building from any angle:) and the shingles just add the finishing touch.
  7. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Shamus, you're acheiving a look of realism which is just fantastic!
    With your super quality close-up photos your "doing it the hard way" sure pays off. Top drawer modelling sir!

Heck, I almost went crosseyed doing the roof of my wife's doll's house .. and that was 1/12th scale!!!

Errol
  8. Vic

Vic Active Member

HI Shamus, Now you you darn'ed good and well there ain't no Cambell shingles that will do the job....:) :D If there ever was an item that will inflict self punishment its those Campbell Shingles 'cause the glue on them doesn't ever stick:eek: :D

Absolutly fantastic my friend:)

Clerk....Sorry to hear you're under the weather...get better soon :)
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Clerk hope you feel better soon! :) Shamus that is fantastic my friend, well worth the effort! :cool:
  10. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Very nice Shamus. What a task.. but what a look.:cool:

Btw how 'bout doing my house??

t.
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks guys for the comments,

As for you Mr T, if it's a 1 to 1 house
    YOU can do it. If it's N-scale you can do that as well. But, if it's H0, ---------------- I still won't do it :D:D

Shamus[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Noooooo Shamus, t. and I both need help roofin' And it's neither N nor HO, it's our 1:1 homes!
  13. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

If you are going to put a new roof on your house I recommend that you hire a company to complete the tear off and disposal. I re-roofed my house last fall, I saved about $4,000.00 US overall. For the tear off and disposal, I spent nearly $900.00 (dumpster rental, dump fees and laborers) and it took me almost two full days. I had two quotes for $1,100.00, and they would have had it done in four hours.

The best quote I got for the whole job was $6,300.00 and We spent a total of $2,400.00.
  14. billk

billk Active Member

YakkoWarner -

Just so you don't think you had it too bad - the last (and only, I guess) time I was in the UK, one of the people I was seeing lived in a house with a thatched roof. He had to get his house declared a national historic site (or whatever is the UK equivalent) so he could get a grant to get his roof rethatched. Apparently there was only a handful of people in the whole country that knew how to do it, and he couldn't afford it without the grant.

BTW, Shamus, any ideas how to model a thatched roof? Please don't tell me you would start out by getting some HO scale straw!