Marklin Z scale 8800 locomotive

ecologito

May 8, 2008
Help me with my 8800 locomotive

Hi,

My father gave me a few years ago this train in a box and never really care about it until yesterday, a friend asked me about it and we search on the internet.

Looking at the box and after finding a few websites this is what I got

z220.org Märklin 1972 catalogue pages five and six

The 8800 Locomotive engine that actually shipped with the Mini-club 8900 and I think this s one of the 1972 sets.

I tried to make it work, I have some knowledge about motors ( I build my own brushless motors for RC planes). I would like to know if there is a place where I could get parts to get it fixed. I think I need new brushed for it.

Any help would be appreciated, I wil ltry to post pictures of the kit I have.

ecologito

May 8, 2008
pictures

Here a a few pictures of my train. I know a lot of people here know their biz and I don't so please tell me if I was wrong on what I have here :wave:

Attachments

• foto 001.jpg
    foto 001.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 12
  • foto 002.jpg
    foto 002.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 9
  • foto 003.jpg
    foto 003.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 13
  • foto 004.jpg
    foto 004.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 11

ecologito

May 8, 2008
Thanks I took my locomotive and motor apart, it seems like I need new brushes for the motor since it runs erratically. I am not sure where could Send it back to get fixed.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi....You didn't say how much that little engine was run before it was put away. Has it had much use..? To wear out the brushes would take quite a bit of running. Your problem might be as simple as dirty track. Try cleaning it AND the wheels on the locomotive. Then give it a try...
Good luck..!!

ecologito

May 8, 2008
I have no idea, my dad bough it 35+ years ago. I don't think it has been run a lot. I oiled everything but I will clean everything and give it another try.