Magnet

CN1

May 6, 2003
Any ideas how to make those magnet (between the rail) stronger or better without drilling, wiring, soldering or using an electical generator hooked up to the magnet:D

If the magnet was stonger, then uncoupling would work better, no?:confused:

Then, where can I get some magnets:confused:

Thanks

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Wish I could help you. I had ordered decoupling magnets from Micro Trains twice and received a confermation order on both. Following up with an E Mail was a lost cause. After the first order They returned E Mail saying they have no such confermation number. The second and third time I E Mailed them got no response.

The magnets I ordered are supposed to be hidden and to make them stronger, just double them up.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Wasn't there an article not too long ago, Model Railroader, maybe, on how to beef up the magnets - seems like it involved messing around with the end plates or something.

Paul Davis

If you want a really strong magnet find an old hard drive and take it apart. The magnet in them are super strong. I have one which, while I don't use it for uncoupling, used it to find screws in the drywall when I moved the wall. I was able to reuse the drywall and save some money. I also have another one which I use to stick the newspaper to the fridge so that I know where it is.

CN1

May 6, 2003
In the computer hard drive?

Wow?? Never thought about that. Thanks for the idea!