MAC-10 paper model

Feb 23, 2005
Reading.PA.
hiya all can you believe this? this is a model i just got from a bud, he picked it up after he was visiting family in germany and poland after a deployment in Iraq , not seeing the kit he got for me i thought it was a new ship or AFV or sumthing like that. after seeing it i was shocked!!! the damn thing is so detailed even has amo for the clip. def not a paper model you see every day
what will they think of next??? ak-47 an RPG???? im almost afraid to build it and mount it or take it with me to show anyone it looks way to realalistic

Attachments

• MAC-10.jpg
    MAC-10.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 923

jlinscheid

May 22, 2005
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Looking at that makes me think about something I read a while back about a man in prison that made a working paper clock. Those sure would beat the heck out of a soap gun.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy modelincard,

So you dont know of the infamous "soap gun" huh? Well, no big mystery to it, prisoners in US prisons have limited access to anything that can be used as a weapon, even a tooth brush can be made into a knife by melting the bristles into a nylon "blob" then sharpened on a rock or brick and the plastic handle can be sharpened as well.
But theSoap Gun, is not nearly as leathal.........it is merely bars of soap, shaped and/or carved into the form of a pistol, then covered with black shoe polish to give it the "Blueing" look that pistols have. Its used to threaten and trick people into thinking it is a real gun.
It is similiar to what a prisoner might make if they could carve a pistol out of a piece of wood, then color it with shoe polish.....but if they could carve, they would have a knife and no use for a fake gun lol.
But you get the Idea, alot of old american "ganster movies" had prisoners making guns from soap to use in thier escape. and if I am not mistaken, the "soap gun" has been used in real life before in prison or jail escapes.
coolpist.jpg

The above gun is made of wood and was covered by the foil from cigarette packs to add realism. For more info on this particular fake gun, check out this link: http://www.kshs.org/cool/coolpist.htm .

I hope this explains the "soap gun" abit for you.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
One of the more notorious soap guns was one carved by John Dillinger to accomplish one of his jail breaks. I have no problem with realistic paper models of guns, but would far rather that the subject was one with less of a negative connotation (like only gangstas have Mac 10s). I would truly love to see a line of detailed paper models to take the place of the old plastic models of the 50s-60s, of such items as flintlock dueling pistols, pepper boxes, derringers, Navy Colt pistol, etc.

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Classic film soap gun

The most classic film soap gun must be Woody Allens who escapes with
a soap gun in rain and up with a lot of foam in his hand!!!

rjm

Aug 11, 2005
Marion, Iowa
Mac 10 Paper Gun

Greg, I downloaded the Kamikuze site you mentioned
and got a bunch of photos of guns and a lot of gibberish.
How do you download them? Bob

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy Bob,

LOL, you mean you dont read japanese? Dont worry, neither do I lol. But I will tell ya haw to download them anyway.
First decide which gun you want to download, for demonstration purposes, lets say the walther p38 (the first pistol on the site).
s-p38.jpg

Click on the name of the gun below the photo, a new page opens. on the top of that next page you will see the following:
ƒƒ‹ƒT[‚o‚R‚W

[size=-1]“WŠJ}iGIF-FILEAPDO-FILEj[/size]
[size=-1]ˆ³kilzhj‚µ‚Ä‚Ü‚·B‰ð“€‚µ‚ÄŒäŽg‚¢‚­‚¾‚³‚¢B[/size]

You want to click on the underlined portion you see above to start the download. The download is in an .rar compressed file, you will need winrar reader to open it. you can get winrar at: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm now as long as you dont own a macintosh computer, you will want to download the first available download....
WinRAR 3.51Graphic and command lineTrial990 KB

Ok, once you have that, open the .rar file, you will see in that list .gifs AND a .pdo file. The .pdo file (pepakura viewer) is the file you want. Now, you will want to click on the .pdo file (highlight it), then go uptop on the winrar screen and click "EXTRACT TO" and then click on a file like "My documents" and save it to there. Then, open the Pepakura viwer...if you need it, it can be downloaded at: http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/viewer.html . Once the viewer is open, click "open at the top of the viewer and go to "my documents" and find the saved .pdo file and open it in the viewer.
Now you will be able to see the "exploded view" of the model and can print it out and build it.

I hope this helps, have a good day.

Greg aka GW

rjm

Aug 11, 2005
Marion, Iowa
MAC 10 Paper Gun

Thanks Greg, I do use an iMac, but was able to get a Luger P08
into JPEG format. I haven't printed anything but the picture inst.
yet. I'm not sure how I get them to 1:1scale yet. Thanks for the
help. Bob

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
howdy Bob,

Well, if you have a photo editing program, resizing isnt too hard. I dont know the dimensions of the life size luger, but I have that particular file downloaded too, I may play with it abit afterwhile and see what would be involved in maybe bring it up to 1:1 scale or a reasonable facsimile.
I am looking right now at the specs of the pistol at this site: http://www.surplusrifle.com/pistolp08luger/specifications.asp which tells me the following info:
full.jpg

P.08 Pistol

Specifications

Length8.8 in
Weight30 oz.
Barrel Length4 in
ActionSemi-Automatic
Magazine Capacity8

So, knowing that it is 8.8 inches long, tip of barrel to back, it shouldnt be too hard to resize the jpegs to that size (Since a standard sheet of paper is 11.5 inches long).
Anyway, if I play with resizing the jpegs, I will post back here again and let you know how it goes and IF i do resize it, I will make sure you get a copy of the resized jpegs.
But as for right now, I just got off work about an hour ago at noon, so I am fixinta' go eat something and probably take a nap lol.

Have a good day, I hope the link and spec info helps if you should attempt a resize.

Greg aka GW

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
scudbusted said:
:( I think that was the closest anyone got to "escape from Colditz!" Eric:)

There were a few prisoners who did escape from Colditz by various methods - the glider wasn't one of them - the war ended before it could be tried.

Regards,

Charlie