Long ago and far away

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
The following pictures are from my first attempt at my current layout. They were on a peninsula that was choking up the room. It confirmed my fear that a 9 X 11 room wasn't big enough for something like that so I had to rip it out.:(

Attachments

• old 1.jpg
    old 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 127

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Ripped???

You have need to rip these scenes? :eek: What a pity!! They look(ed) wonderful :(
The most I like is the general atmosphere of the scenes (the weedy rocks that form the wall,...) :cool: Really, you have a talent fo this! :)

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Looks like WNC to me, Tyson!

To echo the others, good work - and I DO know what it looks like about there, so I know how accurate it is!

Will look forward to seeing your next layout!

Will be some time before anyone sees mine - it just went into boxes for our move next month (all the way from Bettendorf to Davenport). No mountains to model in Iowa (alas), but I do have this river ....

The train room is picked out in the new house !!!

- George

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Fantastic, Tyson!
Just fantastic!:cool: :cool: :cool:
You've really captured the look & feel of the hill country!
I know what you mean about learning what not to do...(that's the story of my LIFE, not just my modeling! :) )
I think any learning process is worth it though, if it gives you a clearer vision, & makes things go better the next time.
I've learned, for instance, that having space for yourself, is just as important as having space for the layout.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Well sometimes the hard lessons are the best ones. I really don't regret it, the room is more enjoyable now and the track plan is better. Some of the scenery (out of camera range) would had to have been ripped out and redone anyway. In this hobby you constantly learn new and better ways (really true if you hang around this forum much :D ).