LL GP9 cracked gear...who to contact?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by MilesWestern, Sep 12, 2006.

1. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Now that Lifelike had been bought by walthers, what do I do to get replacement parts for my geep? I also, in addition to the cracked gears, have warped sideframes! :curse: Can I get those repleaced too? I really need these parts, and if anyone could give me information, or a telephone #, that would be much appreciated! :wave: Thanks in Advance!
  2. matt fisher

matt fisher Member

re cracked gears

hi
    do you still have the parts sheet ? if you look at parts sheet you should find the part number and possiably A phone number, also you can go to walthers web site , when i'm missing parts from any athern blue box kit i call athern and they will replace the part ,
    that's missing but it usally takes a week or two . they will replace the part , because they dont wont a unhappy customer.

matt
  3. Dick Elmore

Dick Elmore Member

:curse: About 4 months ago, I called Walthers and asked them to send me a pair of GP7 trucks, gears etc. They were very nice and ship me a set right away. Four days ago, I called to ask if the traction wheels on the new Heritage 2-8-8-2 were availlable separately.
    Before I could get the whole question out, I was very abruptly informed they were not. I asked if it was because they wouldn't fit on the first run models and was told " I don't know, but you can't have them" !!! Rots-o-ruck.

Dick
    Texas chief
  4. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

I have contacted Dan Larkee at walthers several time for warrenty on proto locos have always been treated well and got my parts fast .
  5. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Jim, how can I get in touch with Dan? That sounds like the best way yo approach this problem. PM me any info you can provide. Thanks All you guys! :)
  6. jim currie

jim currie Active Member