Livesteaming

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
Is there anyone eles besides me and livesteamer that is into live steam? if theres alot you should start a topic called live steam and have it for all gauges since there is HO,O,G and of course ride on ones, also i have seen once a N scale live steam

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Just a taste for now...a gift from my beloved and the munchkins for my 45th. Now to find fuel pellets and steam oil....

Attachments

• te1a2A.JPG
    te1a2A.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 132

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I started making a 4-4-0 in 7 1/2inch gauge but slowed down as I haven't any experience in using my lathe and am learning slowly. Would really like to complete this loco some day. At this point I don't have a milling machine and guess iI would need one to do the job right.

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Livesteam, I do not.

However, my friend owns a 4-4-2 Erie Atlantic, which I engineer all the time. So, in a way, it feels like mine! :thumb:

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Oh, hehehe. I knew that. :eek:ops:

You mean the GE Dash 9? If that case--yes. We have a member with one, painted in SP. Beautiful locomotive. We have a whole bunch of people and engines (and I think the ORIGINAL MCC loco, in black) coming down the 15-20, our annual meet. I mean, our track is run on more than ever. :D

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
nice, I will be ordering some time this sumer unless i find a used nice engien , the rail system company SW1500,1.7 The shipping fromt here to where i live is a good 800 bucks, the engine right now is $6,102 plus i will get foot pegs,hydrulic temp,ditch lights, probally have them paint it,and the snow plow.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
shaygetz said:
Just a taste for now...a gift from my beloved and the munchkins for my 45th. Now to find fuel pellets and steam oil....
you are sure one lucky fellow, first to have a loving wife and the muchkins, that apreciate your hobby, and second for the traction engine..enjoy..have a good one..steve

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
The MCC engine looks nice,a guy i know has 4 of the railsystems SD-45 and all toghether those can pull anything since they do pull around 60 cars , cars are about 6 feet long, 4 engines will pull more than theres track for unless you are at train mountain.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Here is one for everyone. Pennsylvania RR K4s #612 at Altoona Railfest 2002. Owners are John Detrick & Don Sweger. The K4s is being fired up right now and being prepaired for a long day of running and hauling passengers. Photo was taken by a friend of mine in which i recieved the photo for my website.

Attachments

• K4.JPG
    K4.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 84

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Livesteam said:
What club is that photo from? i know at NJLS there is a K4 there too.

Livesteam: The K4s #612 is owned by two members of the Independent Live Steamers. The photo was taken in Altoona, Pa at Railfest 2002. The track was set up for railfest but has since been torn up and is sitting in my grandfathers backyard. This was done because they need the room for completing the roundhouse for the K4s #1361 for when she returns home. The two guys that own the engine are thinking and still might be thinking about changing the number from #612 to #1361.

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
I belong to the NE Fla. Live Steamers. Just starting a new project. I'm building a 2' guage backwoods style logging loco in 1:1 scale. I aquired a two cylinder steam winch engine, some I beam for the frame, some two foot pipe for the vertical boiler, and I think, a set of 4 wheels. It will be chain drive.
We have 1600' of 2' guage track and are adding another 2000'+.
Hell of a jump going from On30 to 1:1!! lol