Lionel gone bankrupt and is closing

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i was just watching CNN headline on tv and susan hendrix was interviewing someone from lionel and they said they said they are going bankrupt and will be closing down for good! as for the buildings and manufacturing stuff, they plan on putting everything up for auction and hope that someone else might carry on building trains.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
"...well I hope Neal Young will remember, a southern man don't need him 'round anyhow..."

I am sorry for the folks working there if it's true, though. Lionel has been flippin' and floppin' around bancruptcy courts off and on for years, who knows.

BTW The lyrics for those not in the know are Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" and Neal Young has a large Lionel collection and does own a good chunk of Lionel:thumb:

Jules Winnfield

Mar 23, 2006
I believe that they have already filed bankruptcy twice in the last ten or fifteen years... most recently just a couple of years ago.They also just ran a third of their competition out of buisness.Seems like they would not have bothered with K-Line if they were planning to go belly up!

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
hehe.... it was a lame attempt at an april fools day.... ya they are allready dealing with losing money, and them closing isn't to far off from that... i should have said bachmann or some other model thing is closing instead as an april fools joke:D