Life Like SW1200 Undecorated-Major Dismantling Process

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Oh, Wow: I just took apart my new undecorated Life Like SW1200 Switcher. Has anyone taken one of these apart? What a task that was. I took it apart to paint my HPRL colors and apply the decals. I am doing the painting now.

I think I will have to put a DZ143 decoder in it before I put it back together – IF I can get it back together. Already lost a detail railing that popped and flew over my head during the dismantling. Hope it runs after all this work.

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
me too

repainted four of them already. Not fun. Want harder? disassemble an atlas mp-15 and put back together without braking something. as for decoder, can't help you, but let me know how it works out.

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Thanks everyone for your thoughts & input. Well let's put it this way...It is already taken apart. I am putting the final coat of my HPRL paint scheam today. I have replaced the copper contact that snapped off during he dismantling process. I will be placing the DZ143 decoder in before I put it back together as I do not want to take it apart again. Unfortunately I still have not found the tiny rail that popped during the dismantling. When it is completed, I will need to post some photographs. However, all in all, I am keeping a good attitude about it because I love the hobby.