Life-Like F7A

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hi there,

How are you guys?

I've recently bought one of this puppies, but I found that LL doesn't have B units. (btw, I finally bought one loco in SF silver livery, now searching for one UP and one SF yellow and blue).

Ok Ok, I know that Kato or ATlas are worth the money, but they are too high for me. Life liek is more affordable, and I already have two.. one gp38 and one sd9.

But getting back to the point: who makes one affordable b unit(dummy or not) that could easily join with this one? And what are your thoughts about this loco?

I'm hope Fiday ni9ght I can post some pics here of her... :)

Thanks in advance

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Luis:

I have one of the older Life-Like engines on my layout, an Amtrak F40PH. It is made very similarly to the F7 that you have. For the price, it is probably one of the best you can get. I think the engines run just fine; they're not absolutely perfect, but if you're happy with the GP38-2 you will be happy with this as well.

As far as I know, the only affordable B-unit available to match this would be the F9B offered by Model Power/Minitrix a few years ago. I don't know how easily you could find one in Europe, however.