Lets see what you got

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Alicia's mom lives down south near Paso Robles Ca on the SP Coast Line, so we don't see her very often as it's about a 4 hour drive. She does come up for the holidays though and each Christmas, since her Dad was a CB&Q Engineer, she always looks for something train related for me as Christmas Gifts. This Christmas though, she nailed a slam dunk. She went to a train shop in Atascadero (I wasn't even aware there WAS one in Atascadero) and bought me "Union Pacific Vintage West" on DVD from Charles Smiley Presents. I haven't seen many Pentrex videos I really liked much, but every Chrales Smiley video I have seen was top notch. This one has special coverage of the UP-WP merger and was PERFECT for my railroad tastes. Charles Smiley Presents

Apparently, she was at the shop and called Alicia and asked her which railroad I liked and Alicia told her I was mainly into the WP, so when she saw the WP logo on the cover, she picked that one. It's really a great DVD, it is ALL color and features 2-8-2's, 4-6-6-4's, 4-12-2's in helper service, Both types of UP turbines, PA-1's, SD-24's, GP-9's, 20's, 30's, and 35's, DD-45's, DD-40's, Cabless units of all types, Alco switchers, SD40-2's, and of course all types of old WP power. It even has footage from Pacific Electric, Sacramento Northern and Key System, and features the old SN detour trains running on the ATSF out of Stockton to get to US Steel in Pittsburg, CA. It's the best video I have in my small RR video collection. There's even footage from the old Rock Island and Milwaukee roads. Several clips of old Mopac, this video rocks.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Here's my MRR haul...minus the compressor, gift certs, and cash for trains...

And here's one of the sets of working Link & Pin couplers...

Attachments

• The haul.JPG
    The haul.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 6
  • L&Ps.JPG
    L&Ps.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 3
May 12, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Well lets see here... No photos, but I got...

Athearn Sounder F59PHI
Athearn BN SD40
Athearn Genesis Great Northern F7 C Unit (Empire Builder)
Walthers GN Empire Builder Diner
Walthers GN Empire Builder Vista Dome
Walthers GN Empire Builder Great Dome
Walthers GN Empire Builder Observation
Walthers Superliner Coach IVb scheme
Walthers Superliner Sleeper IVb scheme
Athearn NW Container Maxi III well car (5 Pack)
Athearn 45' Container, Hanjin (3 Pack)
Athearn 40' Container & Chassis, Yang Ming
Walthers 40' Container, Hyundai (3 Pack)
100 Pack of Code 83 Atlas Track, 9in
Bundle of 20 flex track
24' of Woodland scenic road bed
Walthers Diesel House
Walthers Whitehall Station

And non-railroad related
AT&t 8525 palm pilot/cell phone
Couple of Xbox 360 video games...

What I'm most excited about is the Empire Builder equipment. That brings my walthers passenger car list for the train to 8 cars... I only need another 3 cars to bring it to a prototypical consist. The C unit F7 also means I just need an A-B to power it all.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
I didn't really get anything train related this Christmas, however I did get a nice comfy Dr scoll's back massager for my office chair that I'm using as I speak.
My In-laws gave me some money that I'll be using towards the layout, probably a couple decals sets and detail parts.
I did get a truck load of DVD's though:
Saving Private Ryan
Band of Brothers Box set
Transformers
Flight of the Pheonix
Gone in 60 seconds

I'll be busy in front of the TV for a couple weeks of evenings now...

ummm... you better set aside a couple weeks just for band of brothers......10 hours long i think, i had mine a year and not to the end yet.

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
I don't have pics yet, but they are coming...
I got a new airbrush, compressor, regulator
A DPM module kit which will become part of my new GERN complex (read more here: http://forum.zealot.com/t155126/).
several bits of Athearn and Proto 1000/2000 rolling stock.
Some woodland scenics ground cover materials, and a few non-rail related items.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and the new year is good to you too.

L

lester perry

Well guys the closest thing to mrr stuff I got was a craftsman shop stool from my son. it has a hydraulic hight adjustment. do I can easily change hieght as needed in mrr building. since I had a stroke I have had trouble with this as I can't stand as usual and he has cut the legs off of cheap wood bar stools( walmart $15.00 type) I am sure you all know the stools I am talking about. Now I can set hieght as I desire and chage it as needed. for me I'll take the stool over rolling stock or locos. but it looks like Tom aced every one.
Les

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Congrats Tom! I think you may have received the best gift!
I got this PC bay window caboose!
12-27-2007-06.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I do browse Scale model occasionally, especially their back room where I sometimes find great cheap stuff or junk to recondition. I also visit Becker's in New Brighton on Silver Lake Rd. He carries only HO.

The gifts above were procured by my wife (ain't she something?) :) from Becker's.
Ralph

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
For Train related stuff, I got two books. "Locomotives: A Complete History of the World's Greatest Locomotives and Fabulous Train Journeys" and "The History of North American Steam" I also got a little hand made wooden train that spells out "DAD" from my daughter. (She didn't make it but Mommy helped her buy it on eBay. LOL)

I also got all 3 "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD's and the Pirates of the Caribbean video game. I was up until 4AM watching all 3 movies back to back. LOL.....

Here's the train stuff:

Attachments

• DadTrain.jpg
    DadTrain.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Locomotive.jpg
    Locomotive.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3
  • NorthAmericanSteam.jpg
    NorthAmericanSteam.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
That's a really nice tripod, mine is considerably cheaper looking.
As an after Christmas prsent to myself I bought a used digital camera off ebay and a roundhouse Caboose with working marker lights. The camera should be here by the end of the week so I can finally take pictures of the layout and post them without waiting for developing.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
OK, let me see. Here's some of the stuff I got:

Picture_0462.JPG

Little people, a custom painted vending machine, and my first steam engine:mrgreen:...
Picture_0461.JPG

A VERY limited edition O scale pay-roll car kit, #183 of only 2000 made!...
Picture_0460.JPG

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption for Wii and a Dilbert collection...
Picture_0459.JPG

Lego Exo-Force, a transformer, and a shirt with Mavel super-heroes...
Picture_0458.JPG

The Transformers and Transformers: Begginings DVD's, both DS Transformer games, and a book for the gold presidential coins...
Picture_0457.JPG

And a little Eevee figuring from my girlfriend, although it's the only remnant of a babushka doll-like present that was supposed to give me a good laugh:mrgreen:

EDIT: opps!:eek:ops: I frogot this one:
Picture_0456.JPG