lehigh caboose

papertrain

Jan 12, 2007
virginia
This is a caboose I have started. It will be all card layered. I am working in full 1/1 scale on my cad but the preliminary model is 1/4" scale. I woll be able to reproduce in any scale that one would want. I started this this morning so I have not gotten very far.
P1140005.jpg

P1140002.jpg

P1140004.jpg

papertrain8)

not a problem.......i have a great cadd program:grin:
I will warn you that in HO some of the parts may need a elctron microscope.....:-D

I am using softplan,,,,,a architectural program, i can do 3-d drawings of this project when i get to it,,,right now i am just designings the parts list,,i have the main body completed and am working on the trucks right now. still have to do the frame but that is a piece of cake. I set everything up in 2D full scale so i can work directly from the drawings that i have on hand. I will have to use some liberties since i dont have all the details. I am going to try to set up a full interior on it to.

Lehigh Valley? Great, my favorite line! Looks good so far, I'll be watching this one with interest.

Scott K.

Some additional things from today. Is there anyone that would like to try this so far,it is not 100% yet, to see what bugs there might be. I will send some PDF's. I have the sideframes almost done,,the wheels are close , the chassis just needs some details and the body is about 95% done. I dont have any directions as of yet but is you have done some trains before you might get the essence of what is there,
P1140002-1.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks for the comments so far:grin:

Rich......they will do fine,,,,,,is it possible to get the lettering and the logo on a nice jpg from files,,,,,if not i can find them someplace i am sure..
papertrain(Kenn):grin:

okey,,,i think i have it now....sometimes the computer hates me:grin:
P1160006.jpg

P1160005.jpg

P1160004.jpg

this is a glimpse of the final. I will ba adding some more colors...black and white on the wheels and chassis. I am going to get one built up before i do that,
papertrain(Kenn):-D

papertrain said:
Rich......they will do fine,,,,,,is it possible to get the lettering and the logo on a nice jpg from files,,,,,if not i can find them someplace i am sure..
papertrain(Kenn):grin:

CMStPP_herald08.jpg

Still looking for the lettering - Rich