Latest Project

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by absnut, Jan 14, 2003.

1. philip

philip Guest

Dick: great looking project!

philip :D
  2. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Thumbs Up!

:) Holy WOW.:)
  3. absnut

absnut Member

My last one. This one scales out at over 160' (N scale of course) and is murder on the curves but it makes it around the layout. I built this one more to plans found on the net, taking modeler's license on the details that were to small to credibly do in N. I really ought to get back to scenery, now!:( :mad: :D

Attached Files:

4. absnut

absnut Member

Side view.

Attached Files:

5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Fantastic, Dick, gunna have to have you deliver some stuff to Cobblers Knob!
  6. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

do they have curves big enough to handle that thing in Cobbler's Knob? :D :D

Excellent bit of work, Dick.:) :)
  7. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Dick,
    dein Schnabelwagen ist fantastisch!

For me this would have been at least a one-month-project - and you scratchbuild such a car in a few days! All I can say is...

WOW! WOWER!! WOWEST!!! :D :D :D

Speaking of scenery: Do you get these monsters through a tunnel? Or do you have to relocate the Rockies? ;)

Ron
  8. absnut

absnut Member

Ron,

Vielen Dank! My first effort had to be modified because the "load" would not "squeeze" through one of my Unitrack bridges. So, I made careful measurements to be sure the second would work. There is one place on the layout where I have to run on the "wrong" track to be able to negotiate a curve, giving the "dispatcher" some head-aches, otherwise.... all' ist gut!

Dick
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Dick: Sounds just like prototype RRing. I suppose the next job is to get some dedicated cabooses to accompany it, and maybe some idler cars?
    I've never seen a Schnabel car, but we used to have regular visits from a UP car for aircraft wings.
  10. absnut

absnut Member

I've only seen one in "real life", David. But, I'm way ahead of you... already painted up two "idler" flats and have been looking at one of my B&M cabooses with malice in my eye!

Dick