Last Starfighter Reboot being developed by Gary Whitta, (Rogue One).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This was one of those movies people liked or hated. I liked it. I hope they do a good job. :)

Reactions: johnmiic

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Interesting. I hope it won't be too serious and gritty and depressing and / you know what I mean. :)

Reactions: johnmiic

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
The links confirm that this isn't another April fools's joke :)

I loved the original, bit worried about another re-boot though... I'd rather see a sequel with a "hand the torch" from the original cast to some new characters. (Just not like Star Wars was done...)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Sometimes these reboots are like seeing an old girlfriend, and feeling how lucky you were to dodge that bullet. It turns out to be a waste of time and money, and a couple of hours of your life. That movie was a bit corny, so a reboot would have to either get serious, or continue with the "corniness". I have been staying away from corn products, as they cause triglycerides in the blood stream. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
It should be a fun adventure à la "Guardians of the Galaxy" (maybe not so over-the-top though), not a dead-serious melodramatic piece of depression. Don't know if this description makes much sense but I guess you know what I mean. ;)

Reactions: Cybergrinder