Lake Erie & Northen? or Grand River, I`ll decide as I try and buld it

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chris, perhaps you could find yellow decal stripes instead of painting them? Looking at the complex structure of the front side I'm not even quite sure which one would be easier... :confused:

But stripes or not, you built yourself a really pretty interurban. :thumb:

One question, concerning the last three pictures: I asssume that they ran the car from the REAR pole which was dragged behind, so in all the pics she would run to the left. Am I right? (I never saw electrics with trolley poles here in Switzerland, so I just wonder... :rolleyes: )

Ron

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Ron,, I was thinking the same thing re stripes, I thing that would be the neater way to try.
Yes they ran from the rear pole and had double cab when pole is in use it would run in the mid track area. The poles are hooked down to the left as you saw in the pic.:wave:

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Beautiful, Matey! Guy at my LHS dug around in the decal bin and pulled out somethin' for some knida rollin' stock that had white zebra stripes. I used 'em and I think they were a lot easier and prob neater than painting. I can find out what the number is...

Attachments

• painted-back3-4.jpg
    painted-back3-4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 83

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Chris, I originally wanted yellow, but he didn't see it in the drawer. Perhaps you can locate something that had yellow stripes, then see if they make decals for it. These are from Microscale 87-606 (Montana Rail Link Cabooses & Freight Cars #2). There are two sets of stripes in the set, each about 1" x 1 1/2" which would allow me to make two more critters :D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Thanks jon My LHS has a sheaf of sticky back yellow and my daughter has a guillotine for craft work ,,,,, so me thinks the two will meet:D :D :D :D
That just leaves the C P Tuscan red.:thumb:
And me mate Dave has the Grand River Decals ,,,, he said I can have them:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

GOOD MAN!!!!!!!:D

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Railron:
I saw the prototype GRR run for part of a morning when I was about 10(!). No passenegr cars, but a neat little steeplecab loco. They operated with the same pole up for both directions. And of course, they had to manually move it from wire to wire as there were no frogs.
If you have really good wire work and a low pole angle, you can show off by backing your cars through the special work. Only problem is at a facing frog.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Shaygetz,

I have tried to use sticky back zebra stripes,, problem is the detail on the front and side of the coach takes no prisoners, So I gave that up in frustration:cry:
So I will have to try checker board that they used before the tiger stripes. That was only used on the front and back,, both sides of the door entrance.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
If you have to paint them, you might try some 1/16" or 1/8" or whatever sized tape, placing strips of tape side by side with no gaps, then pulling up every other one. Then I would either just mist on the yeller with an airbrush real lightly for several coats or use a "drybrush" and just tap the ends of the bristols against the model. The latter works well with a small stencil, even just hand held in place, without dripping or wicking under it.

I did find a line that had yeller stripes and made a mental note and forgot it :curse: :curse: :curse: I can try to look it up again if you like, but it sounds like you want to paint it and SG already said you can buy yeller zebras :confused: :D

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
I've been tossing around the idea of doing an overhead trolley of late... I think you may have inspired me to take that leap one day. ;)

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Jon I have tried the decals ,, they cover to much coach detail and the digital tells no lies:(
So here is a picture of the checker board type...decals should be O K here if I get my magnify glass:D .

Arlaghan, I hope you do string some wire, then you can see how much fun we have:thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• len795x.jpg
    len795x.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 28