Kato Unitrack Double 20-003, 20-001, 23-046

Pelham Manor Ca

Jun 4, 2006
I have sent this post to 3 forums and no one has answered.
I cannot order my tracks until I get the answers.
It is holding me up from finishing my setup.

Please someone out there must know what I am talking about and can help.

1. If I am going to be using the 23-046 double track viaduct incline pier set, do I have to also use the 20-003 double incline track plate
between the double viaduct track and the 20-001 double straight track plate?

If this is true, then I would need to buy two of the 20-003 incline track plates because my train will be descending as well as ascending right?

Why can' I just go from viaduct track to 20-001 straight plate track?

2. Does 23-046 double incline pier set include a set of piers for descending as well as ascending or do I have to buy 2 sets?

3. Does this pier set also include the S-Joiners?

Pelham Manor Ca

Jun 4, 2006
I just sent them a posting. 19 have read it and no one has answered.
I have been in contact with Kato via phone for other questions. They were suppose to do something for me and get back to me via email, but I have not heard from them since. I guess I have to call them on Monday.

3railguy

Sep 7, 2004
Kaukauna, WI
I would be more patient. Very few N scalers use rising and elevated Unitrack pieces due to lack of realism. They elevate their roadbed instead.

Pelham Manor Ca

Jun 4, 2006
Okay. I need things to be simple, no road beds, that is the reason I am going up and down using piers. There will houses, lakes, coal mines, etc., but all it will be is a double track that goes around my single. In order for me to stop at a station, I have to be on ground level. When done stopping at the station my train has to go back up, otherwise I am stuck on ground level and I want it to be mostly upper level on viaduct tracks. Do you understand what I am saying?

3railguy

Sep 7, 2004
Kaukauna, WI
I understand what you are saying. I don't know specifically what Kato Unitrack pieces you need to do this. I have a Unitrack layout with two main lines but it is flat. I have never worked with unitrack viaduct pieces so I am at loss with your questions as to spectifically what you need to do what you want to accomplish.

Hi Pelham,
This appears to be one incline, you need two to go up and down.
23-046.jpg

This plate provides a transition to the incline. It's less expensive than the flat plate.
KAT-20-003.jpg

Best price I saw was on http://wig-wag-trains.com